'69 Side Scoops

Taranis

Nov 12, 2004
Austin, Texas
Has anyone made or is there a kit that makes the '69 Side scoops functional? I know that there really isn't a benefit unless you're racing, but a part of me just doens't like non-functional scoops. It just seems kinda'..........rice.

• Sponsors (?)

Are those functional, Jerry? I don't see where it says they are.

I would be real hesitant to cutting holes in my quarter panels to try and vent the interior or drum brakes. Seems severe to me.

do the cosmetic scoops, put ducts on axle for brakes

Well, if if makes you feel any better, you could always do the non-functional side scoops, and Cobra Automotive makes an axle-mounted brake ducting system - scoop that cool air out from under the car and run it over your brakes . . . it's for drum brakes (looking at the catalog) but I don't see why you couldn't adapt it for disc brakes.

jerry S said:
it is what the product description says:

1969-70 fastback functional side scoop. Specify RH or LH. Black fiberglass with gel coat finish. Fit and paint to match your Mustang. Sold each.

The ones FSI makes are identical to the Maier ones mentioned here. They are functional in theory but do not provide any ducting or inner structure. So if you call the hole cut out in the scoop functional, I guess they are!