6K for a virgin 95 GT?

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
So I'm still looking for a car for my wife and I want to get another GT so I know how to work on it and so I can have fun driving it. She wouldnt mind a stick but wants an auto which I want too since I already have 2 sticks. I found a 95 GT auto with 98000 miles and its fully loaded except no leather. The 460 stereo is sweet! The dealer wants $5995 which is under blue book. Plus only having 98k miles and being 100% stock is a good thing because it hasnt been abused. Think its a good deal. Navy Federal can get me 4.9% interest with payments for 30 months but pay off early. Anybody have any input, thanks Scot Rod

• Sponsors (?)

SmockDoiley said:
So I'm still looking for a car for my wife and I want to get another GT so I know how to work on it and so I can have fun driving it. She wouldnt mind a stick but wants an auto which I want too since I already have 2 sticks. I found a 95 GT auto with 98000 miles and its fully loaded except no leather. The 460 stereo is sweet! The dealer wants $5995 which is under blue book. Plus only having 98k miles and being 100% stock is a good thing because it hasnt been abused. Think its a good deal. Navy Federal can get me 4.9% interest with payments for 30 months but pay off early. Anybody have any input, thanks Scot Rod

Let me tell you a story I bought a car once 93 cobra...ran the car for about 15 minutes and was so damn excited I bought it cheap....so any ways I that same night I have been driving this car allday suddenly boom white smoke comes pouring out of the exhaust car shut's down .........pop the hood and there was oil everywhere???????well it must of just been a hose I thought. NOPE, there was a cracked Piston ring, car would run fine until 20 minutes later the oil was thin enough and shut down....THIS really dosn't have anything to do with your question Just becareful drive the car for about 20 minutes if you can and go over 60MPH to see if there is any "suspension or steering problem's". I have owned many car's and yes AOD is nice for a change.LOL :p :flag: :nice:

Yours is 7 years older than mine and you paid the same price as me. This is a good deal. I could find one for cheaper with mods but Im not a big fan of previously abused and changed cars. Just how you have a chance of picking up an STD when your with a non-virgin. I took it on the highway and it drove straight with no noticeable steering wobble or looseness. Also, it peels out really well which means it is in shape, and leaves 2 tire marks just fine so the posi is working. The tranny shifts fine, all gauges show good with no dummy lights on. All internal switches work, and the engine bay is super clean. Tires look pretty new too.

same with mine engine so clean you could eat off of it. but just cause yours is much newer than mine doesnt mean it will run longer or better a engine could go bad in 10 miles but sounds like a good by to me and i am also a fan of buying totally stock cars (being a mechanic my self why not do it my self?) GOOD LUCK!!!!!

That is a good average price, in Ohio I see many 94-95 5.0s for $4500-$6000. They all seem to be in nice shape and if it has AOD they seem to stay on the lots forever. I bet you could offer less but maybe not in CA. since automatics seem to be the way of that culture.

I bought my 94 GT with 111k miles on it for $5000. As soon as I got it home I tore the engine out, but it easily had another 75k miles in it. Anyways I would say offer $5500 or so. Sounds like a good buy though, and remember that these cars are increasing in value. A 5.0 wasn't worth **** a few years ago, now they are kind of pricey.

It sounds like a good deal, if the cars mint, It all depends on what you want, you should be able to talk them down.. on the average most sealers mark up used car $3000.00 over what they own it for. So knock them down..Blue book doesn't mean as much as it used to. If you where trading that car in tommorrow they would give you $3000 for it, Thay call in acv, or actual cash value, what they can get for it a the auction, it's the newer way for dealers to screw us...ASK THEM WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THE CAR.. BRAKES ETC... AND GO FROM THERE, I WOULD FIGURE IF THEY DON'T HAVE MUCH REPAIR INTO IT, GET IT FOR LIKE 4800 AND THEY WILL BE HAPPY TOO......

67stang390 said:
I bought my 94 GT with 111k miles on it for $5000. As soon as I got it home I tore the engine out, but it easily had another 75k miles in it. Anyways I would say offer $5500 or so. Sounds like a good buy though, and remember that these cars are increasing in value. A 5.0 wasn't worth **** a few years ago, now they are kind of pricey.
it's because of all these mustang junk yards , who keep buying these cars and parting them out.. it makes me want to cry when I see hundreds of beautiful foxbody's all ripped apart...

also bro, if your not comfortable in any way, bring the car to your local ford dealer, tell them your buying it and want it checed out,, they should do it for around $70.00 and give you a heads up on repairs needed...$70.00 is alot cheaper that even a set of brakes if it needs it done!!! I saved my sister from disaster that way on a durango!! needed 3400$$ in repairs, but it was shiney and clean....

Yeah, the car is going to be $6600 with tax and license and I'm asking the bank for 6K. I'm thinking instead of puting 500 down, I'll just walk in with a 6K check from the bank and say thats all I could get. That would save me 600 bucks and keep me the money I want to use to buy an intercooler for my 85. I'll just say, "Get it at $6000 with tax and everything, and Ill take it right now" The bank check is as good as cash. They should swing that, and if they dont I'm not getting it.

So I told them that the bank only gave me 6k and so the whole deal, car tax and license, has to be 6k and not 6600 and they bought it. I was out the door for $6000 on the dot with 4.9% interest. Navy Federal rules!! Thats killer, and I checked the car over again and everything is solid. New tires, brakes, spark plug wires, new fluids everywhere and not an ounce of rust even under the car, I'm in Cali. I'm very happy!