6x9 rear speaker grille options for 65-66

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by 88dragtop, Nov 24, 2007.

1. 88dragtop

88dragtop Founding Member

Did a search and didn't turn up much in this forum so I figured I'd start a thread. I'm looking for rear deck options 6x9's that looks good and isn't very expensive. Post pics of it installed if possible. Right now I have no speakers and just a piece of black cardboard. Don't care about 3rd brake light. Found some at NPD, laurel mountain, mustangs unlimited. Would just like something simple and reasonably priced

thanks
  2. bnickel

bnickel Founding Member

make a pattern on a piece of paper and transfer it the cardboard, punch it out with a leather hole punch, then glue some speaker cloth to the backside of the cardboard.
  3. jlangholzj

jlangholzj Well-Known Member

best thing i ever did, make one!

used some 1/8" -ish lite ply and by using the old cardborad tray, cut out a patern. depending on the speakers you use, it might be a tight fit between the speakers and the rear seat (mine were) . Ill take some pics and post em for ya!
  4. freddyfender

freddyfender New Member

rear speaker package shelf

for my 65 coupe i ordered a rear package shelf with 6x9 cut outs in it. the package shelf was wrapped in the medium blue. it matched the cars interior and i think it cost me 40$. best deal i think.