7.5 or 8.8 can someone tell me?

96convertstang

Dec 4, 2009
DSC06532.jpg

DSC06533.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

lol thanks man yeah living in RI sucks because of the salt and stuff.. i only had the car for about 4 weeks needed a tranny put one in and now the fun and games start.. with aftermarket things I dont know where to start lol
DSC06521.jpg

DSC06524.jpg

DSC06529.jpg

DSC06528.jpg

It is pretty much stock i do not know what to do next.. i can get a set of underdrive BBK pullys for 100.00 brand new never used .. are they worth it? right now it has BBK cold air intake. BBK strut bar. 3 inch exhaust and have cats still... and that is pretty much it. The rear tires are 275/50/15

I would definitely say that it's an 8.8. And yeah, Northern cars are notorious for rust because of the salt and whatnot like you said. It's not that bad compared to other cars I have seen.

That's a pretty intense wheel/tire combo, lol.

Pulleys are debatable... I would skip them as if they are installed incorrectly it can wreck your oil pump and engine.

If you want to open the exhaust up, get a better mid-pipe. If that's the factory H pipe, it's got 6 friggin cats on it.

If you have emissions testing, you may want to go catted midpipe unless you don't mind getting a catless (cheaper, better performance) and switching back to the stock H when it comes time for emissions testing. An offroad H with those Flow's would sound sick.

Oh, and gears!!!