7 Weeks And I Am Still Waiting For My Mustang. :(

spirockp

5 Year Member
Mar 26, 2004
NJ
I ordered my 2013 Mustang 7 weeks ago. Last week I received the Vin, but I still cannot get my Window Sticker to see when the build date may be. I have been in touch with Thomas from Ford Customer Service and the delivery date he has is Aug. 4th. I just wish I had the Window Sticker. No scratch that, I just wish I had my Mustang.

Thanks for listening.

Peter S.

• Sponsors (?)

I know exactly how you feel. I ordered my 2011 in late June 2010. It wasn't built until September 21. I didn't get it until October 25.

I think the dealer had a bit of an allotment issue, and there where transportation issues at the time as well (It sat on a lot in Chicago for almost 4 weeks...at the time, my dealer's entire new car inventory was down to 4 or 5 cars because for some reason, they couldn't get any cars at all in). You'll probably get yours faster than that.

I ordered my 2013 Mustang 7 weeks ago...I have been in touch with Thomas from Ford Customer Service and the delivery date he has is Aug. 4th. I just wish I had the Window Sticker. No scratch that, I just wish I had my Mustang...

Ok so this morning I received my Window Sticker.
clip_image001.png
My build date is Aug. 1st
clip_image001.png

GT Premium
Automatic
Deep Impact Blue
Glass Roof
18" Polished Wheels

Anticipa-a-a-ation....
clip_image001.png
It will be worth the wait in the end.

I know exactly how you feel. I ordered my 2011 in late June 2010. It wasn't built until September 21. I didn't get it until October 25...

A friend of mine was going to order one 2 weeks ago. They told him 8-12 weeks.

Nice car. Too bad about the wrong blue though.
clip_image001.png

Man I went back and forth between the two colors. I'm still debating it in my head…

Bah! It's the RIGHT blue!
clip_image001.png

Hey guys -

I wish you had it right now, spirockp! :D In the meantime, I'll be your go-to contact when it comes to providing order updates. PM me late next week and I'll tell you how your dream machine is progressing!

The wait is always the most difficult part! :eek: I'm sure it's all worth it when you take that first spin, though! :) The whole process can take anywhere from 8 to 16 weeks; dealers will give you an appropriate ETA.

When it comes to color, Deep Impact Blue is "true blue" in my eyes. :D Grabber Blue is sharp and can turn heads, but I always go a few shades darker. Please use this link to save money on routine service: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ServiceCouponsPage.

Keep this thread alive,

Thomas

I get way to many compliments on the grabber blue. My stripes shoud be here today. And I drop off the trunk panel to get color matched on monday. Will look like this when i'm done.

Turbo810, I too am going to have to order my stripe kit. I want to go with the stock "Satin Black Racing Stripe", but I couldn't order it from the factory because of the Glass Roof. I'm going to try to get the stripe in before the car comes in, so maybe they can do it right away. I feel however, that the sales guy that I am seeing, isn't as excited as I am to get my car, let alone get me the stripe before he sees the car arrive.

Peter S.

And as always thanks Thomas for checking in.

...I too am going to have to order my stripe kit. I want to go with the stock "Satin Black Racing Stripe", but I couldn't order it from the factory because of the Glass Roof. I'm going to try to get the stripe in before the car comes in, so maybe they can do it right away. I feel however, that the sales guy that I am seeing, isn't as excited as I am to get my car, let alone get me the stripe before he sees the car arrive....
And as always thanks Thomas for checking in.

If you haven't checked out our custom graphics site, please take a peek now: http://fordcustomgraphics.com/index.php. You can select different graphics to see how they look on your 'Stang. Check with your dealer on ordering options too. Thanks for the shout-out! By the way, every person is excited that you'll be getting your baby soon! :word:

I will post a link for the ones I got. They are 3m.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251099814034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Mine are here. They are packaged really well. Haven't layed them out yet though.

They're nice and sleek! Is your dealer going to install them on your Mustang?

Ok tomorrow is the day. The birth of my Mustang. As of now my window sticker still shows it as the date. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll be with you in spirit. Today, your wonderful creation will take its first breath! :nice:

Good luck. Crossing my fingers for you. I know how it was when I ordered my truck.

How was it for you? I want details! :D

- Thomas