70 q code mach value

Grup

Oct 18, 2003
Newfoundland
Question:
Looking for feedback on the value of a 70 Mach 1 Q code car
- car is rolling with running gear removed
-theres a date coded (no serial no stamped) blueprinted balanced 428 cj engn.
-4 speed trans in good cond. needs clutch
- orig. n case missing replaced with c7 case
- interior in good cond with minor wear .could use carpet and sill plates. speaker hole cut in package tray. 1 small tear in drivers seat
- quality repairs to quarters 10 year ago. now needs ds floorpan, 2 toe boards, 2 torque boxes , 2 front floor supports, 2 rear frame rail extensions, trunk repairs
doors fenders good
- inner fenders were repaired 10 years ago and vin stampings are long gone
- no build sheet or data plate
- suspension needs rebuild
- chrome and stainless in good cond. front bumper could be replaced
- glass is good
- smog rev limiter original air cleaner carb missing otherwise a very original car

I am looking to buy this car, not selling

• Sponsors (?)

70 Value

1970 428 'stangs are not very common. It does not sound like a drag-Pak, though you mention the "N" rear. Should only be with a "R" code.

Car sounds like a lot of work, missing the valuable parts, so this car will cost alot to restore, but sounds like a good base to have fun with.

I can't exact a value, would guess a few thou as is.

do you have pictures? of course a car like this (a classic) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. if it is a real mach I, w/ the options from the factory that you describe and in the condition that you describe (the bad rust), i would expect it to bring in about it should bring in about 8k give or take. is it all primer? does it have a good paint job? this would change the price. also the work that was done to the engine, and how long ago could increase it alot, regardless of the fact that it is in a mach I. a recently b&b 428 should fetch a pretty penny.

i would definetly be very careful about verifying the authenticity of the car. not only does it 'happen' not to have the door plate, but it happens not to have the fender stamps, and happens not to have the original engine. that is a lot of happens.

does the front grill have the driving lights? does it have the twist type hood latches? black-honeycomb rear panel, pop open gas cap, chrome oval exhaust extensions, the color coded stripe on the front seats, wood grain interior, wood grain console, mach I emblem on passenger side dash panel, round clock on passenger side, front and rear stabilizer bar? all of these came stock w/ mach I 428. of course they could all be reproduced (at some expense), i would still be suspicious.