70 spindle will it fit?

• Sponsors (?)

'70 is a beefier spindle, but it won't be easy finding one I don't think. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to sell mine with my Baer kit when I go to Wilwoods (only reason is for the rear internal drum, as I now have no e-brake) but I probably will just sell it as a whole package.

The geometry is the same but 70 and up spindles are stronger. Would it make a difference on the street? Probably not.
Do you already have the Cobra brakes? TCP has Wilwood brakes to fit 70 disc spindles.

The geometry is the same but 70 and up spindles are stronger. Would it make a difference on the street? Probably not.
Do you already have the Cobra brakes? TCP has Wilwood brakes to fit 70 disc spindles.

i do have the original 70 disk spindles. Was thinking i could save a little cash and go with late model brakes....assuming they are as good as the willwood bolt on for disk spindles. Probably stupid to go this way over a few hundred bucks on a 30K restomod?

i do have the original 70 disk spindles. Was thinking i could save a little cash and go with late model brakes....assuming they are as good as the willwood bolt on for disk spindles. Probably stupid to go this way over a few hundred bucks on a 30K restomod?

When I did the cobra conversion I needed the whole shebang so I went with Mustang Steve's kit. It is very nice indeed and I think the braking quality will be on par with the other kits. The thing I would worry about with yours is if you know you will need tie rods and if you screw up a ball joint for some reason .......... the unforseen things will eat up $300 very quickly.

i am going with a new randalls rack, which needs outer ties anyway. Then going with TCP coilovers, the 69 spidles look like they should work just fine plus i'll save a ton. The willwoods are around 1500!

mike

yeah, tell me about it on the Wilwoods. The only reason I am going with them is that I need a new internal drum rear disc so I have a parking brake that clears my suspension. I could have gone exploder/crown vic as they use the same setup, but I wanted something with truly serious stopping power. Which meant cobra, baer, ssbc, wilwood, and the like. I'm sure you'll do fine with the cobra kit!