70mm TB finally arrived!

slytherin

Apr 5, 2004
northeast ohio
Well I purchased a Pro products polished 70mm TB and it finally arrived today got it off Ebay for $149new+shipped, fit and finish look pretty good I will probably get it installed tonite. Any tricks for removal or installation? I'll update on results.

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm I remember hearing that, I noticed when I had it sitting there on the counter at lunch that it stuck a little when manually opening it I figure setting the idle a little higher might cure that or maybe a lite sanding with some 400+ grit sand paper to knock down any burrs would cure it if it does. We'll see.

Ive heard mixed results on the PP TB's. They look nice and there cheap as long as you can fix the sticking problem they have. Some people have thrown them in the trash while others dont really have any issues.

Thank you so much for that 95 vert. I now have another question what the hell happened to my throttle cable I have set the old and new TB's side by side and can see no discernable difference and I looked at the pedal itself the cable is still attached,but it seems that the cable is entirely to long and the pedal is at the floor almost. can the cable be shortened? or adjusted? any and all input greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Just got mine!, It doesnt stick at WOT but it seems like if its closed its kinda sticky when you open it. Can i give this:
p0000035.jpg

A quick sanding or should I lube it up or what? im going to go install it right now

BlueOvalStangGT said:
A quick sanding or should I lube it up or what? im going to go install it right now
Lube it with what? Don't need to suck anything up in the engine that don't belong there that's for sure. Lube would prolly dry and clump up with that grime you find on the inside of your throttle body. Especially with the exposure to air all the time it's not gonna stay there as a lubricant for long. Like I said prolly end up either in your engine or dried up so I would say if you knew what you where doing then sand it down but be careful. It doesn't need to have gaps in the surface contact when it's closed or change the nature of how the air should flow by irregulating the shape of it. My 2 pennies.

JJ

slytherin said:
I've read in here and elsewhere 75mm is to big for my short list of mods.

*Big sigh* Sry, but you read 110% wrong and unfortunatly it cost ya. Buying that oriential sticking 70mm tb was a sure sign you made a bad decision. Since accufab doesnt make stuff for your years, I woulda went with a bbk 75. It matches your inlet and you sure as HELL can use that air with those nice h/c/i you have. Match your tb to the inlet of the manifold especially on nicely modded cars like yours.

I made a bad choice 3 years ago, so i'm trying to pass my knowledge on to others so they dont make the bad choice I did. I went with a way too small accufab 65mm when I NEEDED a 75mm :(

Yeah I got the same gasket not sure on that one I was thinking about wallering mine out to fit. yeah you are definetly going to have to adjust that TPS look for the link 95vert posted above I printed all the info(great cleaning info of that 1st sensor) they had on that site, very informative good pics too thanks again 95vert. Let me forwarn you get everything adjusted B4 you start the car I did that at lunch just 4 the hell of it damn near choked me out in less than 2mins the car was running so rich LOL!