72 mach1 and 70 mach1 351 cleveland

bryan17

Dec 29, 2003
i have a 72 mach1 auto and i was wondering if a 70 mustang 351
2 barrel engine will fit in no trouble and if i would have to change anything over? and also what were the 70, 351 2 barrels engine specs stock? and reason of chaning the engine was the oreginal engine blew

• Sponsors (?)

bryan17 said:
i have a 72 mach1 auto and i was wondering if a 70 mustang 351
2 barrel engine will fit in no trouble and if i would have to change anything over? and also what were the 70, 351 2 barrels engine specs stock? and reason of chaning the engine was the oreginal engine blew

I'm having dejavu all over again..... :D

The motor is a bolt in. You will need to off course use the 351c manifolds (or headers) that are on the 70 motor when you install it in the 72 since the 302 exhaust setup won't work. The motor mounts are the same, the tranny is the same, (its all small block ford stuff), you may or may not need to spend some time at Napa finding Radiator hoses since the 302 has coolant into the intake while the 351c has it straight down into the block, but since you are swapping the correct motor back into the car as long as the radaitor wasn't swapped for the 302, you should be able to just buy the standard hoses.

If the 351c is a running motor, it should only take you a Saturday to drop it in and be driving assuming of course you have ever done a motor pull and install before, otherwise you will spill into Sunday.