72 vs 72 front disc brake line q's

• Sponsors (?)

Cool Car, I own a 72 small block one myself. There are a few items that changed mid to late 72. Check your fenders on top with hood open where the ruber stops are located and the underside of hood. The first 2 digits will be the month and the 3rd will be the ex. 1 for 71 etc. I recently had to do this for a powerstering hose. I imagine you don't have a plate on your radiator niether. The dates should be relatively close together if parts haven't been changed. A local mustang shop might help as well.

I vaguely recall encountering this issue a long time ago. Though at that time I think I was buying them through NAPA. Darn if I can recall what the difference was.
I see Mustangs Unlimited only lists one style available for 71-73 all (F78073 & F78074 @ $50 ea.).
Same story at Virginia Classic Mustang, but much better price (BK-141R & BK-141L @ $33 ea.)
and at NPD (though my catalog is a bit dated 2004) (2078-6 & 2078-7 @ $50 ea.)

What catalog are you looking at?

O.T.:
Wecome to the forum 72 fastback, I see you're right here in CT. :flag: I'm in Old Saybrook

OT

72 fastback said:
...Its geat to see parts finally becoming available for these cars.
Yeah, it's about time. Especially for those critical parts like inner & outer rear wheel wells. How long have you had your 72? Have you posted pics of it on the forum yet?