'73 bumper fix?

Hey everybody, the bumper on my 73 Mach needs to be repaired before I can paint it. It has a lot of cracks and a few chunks missing and I don't know how to fix it. This is a urethane bumper so I can't buy a new one. The local body shop says they MIGHT be able to fix it for $400CDN but there is no guarantee if it will work. Has anybody else done this before? Does anything work?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i have the same problem i was thinking of buying a used one off ebay but they cost alot.. nice car by the way ... the color you want for yours is what thte color of mine is now but i think im going for a lighter blue when i re paint it

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I might try to patch it myself because that will probably be cheaper than $400.

Hey x73mach1x thanks for the kind words. Do you have any pics of your car? If you do, send me a link or something.

i just got done fixing the plastic bumper on my daily beaten 92 protege. i put back as many pieces as i could find, layed tape across the front, then fiberglassed it all together from the inside, then filled it with bondo. not sure how it will hold up... only time will tell, but for $25 in materials it seems pretty solid...