75 or 76 MII coupe

TwoStangWmn

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2001
Spokane, Wa
Question: I may have the chance to purchase a 75 or 76 Mustang II Ghia. A little old lady has had it since day one and it has low miles. I have not seen it in many years and she has not driven it much in the last 4 or 5 years at all. Always been garaged. She is in a nursing home in her death bed and I am letting the family know that I am interested in buying it when the time comes. I don't know if it is a 4 or 6 cylinder. I am sure it is in excellent condition body style and has no more than say 75,000 miles on it. It is a yellow color, all original.

Does anyone have any prices for me to offer with? I am thinking anywhere between $1,000 and $2,000???Are these cars known to have a lot of cancer? I was the original owner of a 74 Ghia, Medium Metallic Blue, had it for 10 years and would like to have another one for memory sake and daily driver.

Vicki

• Sponsors (?)

How does one broach the subject of buying a dieing persons property?

Does seem pretty cold.

OTOH, if nothing is said you could find they ran it through a shredder because they thought it had no value.

Conundrum.

Rot? Yes, mostly in the rust belt. And by the sea. Salt killed many of these cars.

Value? How much to offer? Are you a bottom feeder?

This is a common dillema for those of us who are involved with older machinery and such. The O'l man dies, the widow is left with this 'stuff'. She may want to give it away, or want nothing near it's value, or she may want multipes of what it's worth.

If it's in decent condition I would open with $500, but who knows, they may be happy with scrap price.

I'm not approaching the owner with my interest in her Mustang. I will tell the neighbor that is taking care of her house to mention it to her daughter that lives in another state when she comes to sell the estate. The neighbor will let the daughter know that she knows someone that is interested in the Mustang and that way the daughter won't have to try to sell it. I am sure she won't want it as it has sat for many years and probably shouldn't be driven very far until checked out anyway.

It is an automatic I forgot to mention.

thanks for your reply,
Vicki

If the battery apron is not badly rusted, you have an exceptionally well cared-for Mustang II.

If there's not rust on the fender lips, its probably in pretty good shape elsewhere (other than the battery apron :) )

Good luck!