$750 strictly for the stang..

wyant50

Jan 2, 2008
1966 coup, ~ 300rwhp, drag radials, stock tranny and rear end.
New front suspension, interior is all there.

What to get?:shrug:

I have a 306 being built, with about $400 left in the motor fund left for misc. things. The motor is near completion, next week it should be done and ready to be installed.

I have the stock c4 and 8" rear end. Hopefully these wont break for the first couple thousand miles so I can throughly break in the motor.

I am thinking about new rear suspension since it sags on the passenger side.
New leaf springs and coil overs is what I have been leaning towards.
Also thinking about building up the rear end or dropping in a 5 speed or built automatic.

Suggestions!!! I'm open for any ideas. Including stuff for my motor, its just long block so what ever I might need to hook it up!

• Sponsors (?)

prolly new leaf springs and a decent set of tires. A torque converter and a shift kit for that c4 will wake it up, but so will gears or a posi, but that would prolly put you over the $$$ limit

I ditched the drag radials for some bfg street tires. I forgot I got new rims since the other ones didn't fit.

I am thinking about doing the most expensive thing first.. I'm guessing building up the transmission?

If I were you I would do the install first. then add more later.
When I got my motor rebuilt I had put a extra 1000 more into getting it to run nice. Stuff breaks fast and old stuff under the hood needs to be changed.
just my .02 cents

After talking to some friends and checking out other forums I plan on waiting before I do anything until this motor is 100% done. Only thing slowing this build down is this guy who hasn't given me my stuff!

Heck, I haven't even thought about electric fans, ignition, plumbing, even a carburetor.
Come monday I will update this thread with the exact dollar amount I have left in my motor fund, what I still need to order, etc.
Then I'll come back with how much I can spend on other stuff.