# 8 cyl??? PICS

mustangsally93

Sep 26, 2005
Omaha,NE
I was driving down to Kansas one night and my oil press. just droped to the floor. So I dogged it to base and parked it. I started to check lines and wiring to see if something came off. But nothing. So I pulled the plugs and was looking and found the number 8 cyl. was covered in oil.

What is the wrost thing that could have happened and how can I fix this.

View attachment 358359

• Sponsors (?)

well worst case scenario is your head or block cracked in a oil galley and dumped oil into the cylinder. youre gonna have to figure out where this oil is coming from. best bet would be to do a compression check on that cylinder and the one next to it. and do a leak down test on that cylinder and listen for any leaks (ie. tail pipe, throttle body, oil cap). good luck

well worst case scenario is your head or block cracked in a oil galley and dumped oil into the cylinder. youre gonna have to figure out where this oil is coming from. best bet would be to do a compression check on that cylinder and the one next to it. and do a leak down test on that cylinder and listen for any leaks (ie. tail pipe, throttle body, oil cap). good luck

I did check that and it was like 90psi for the number 8 and all the others are good.

so its low on that cylinder compare to the others? now youre going to need to do a leak down test to see where its going. im just wondering if the gauge just happened to take a dump and than you noticed the plug. basically im wondering if its two unrelated problems

Thats pretty low for psi .. hehe I'd have a HARD time believing it was total coincidence that oil pressure dropped off and the #8 (especially with the compression numbers) plug was drenched in oil but I suppose weirder stuff has happened. Did you notice it start running funny and that made you look at the oil press. gauge? just wondering cause you'd definitely notice it running on 7 cylinders as it would have had to of been with that much oil fouling the plug, but of course if it's been dogging for a while then I agree with drag. Just sayin its pretty easy to notice if you have a cylinder completely out but then again lots of people that will drive it around like that till it won't run anymore.