8 years of stangnet, sold my last stang today!

Winters98GT

Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
H Town
Well, today, I sold my last mustang, at least for a while. Ive had three sn95's.

1. 1998GT, lent to me by my older brother while at college, which I totaled at 16 years old, -SVO HEAD, SVO BLOWER, 3.73's, and the goodies

2. 1998GT- at 17 I bought my first mustang that was completely mine. A few years later, a guy named SD Wheeler who was a friend of mine, asked me if he could port my PI heads before I threw them on. After that, the infamous DTA performance was in business.
The car ened up with 2 headswaps, 2 motorswaps, first car to run Erson Aftermarket cams in a 4.6, and help from many others, was sold in 2003. Thanks to Bill Putnam, Randy Stinchomb, SD Wheeler, for DTA performance, first and only satisfied customer(always my friend even though he screwed me too), Mrvax, Bierbelly, Richard Lelsz, and all the other guys back years ago. My car ran a best time of 13.19 at 104mph, completely untuned after the PI headswap and on 17 inch tires with the passenger seat removed.

HRP WITH SD Wheeler, AKA THE GAME, before my first pass with PI heads on street tires at 17 years [email protected]
Resized_ra1.jpg

3. 1997GT, just sold today. A basic budget build, stock 2.73 gears. Car went a best of 8.82, untuned with stock 2.73 gears and bolt ons. The biggest issue with the car was not getting a gear in it. Was hoping for 8.40's with NPI heads/cams on motor, but didnt quite get around to building it the way I wanted.
southpadreisland003.jpg

I'm sure Ill be back, though not anytime soon. Ive had my eyes on the dark side for while. Another SN95 will come in a few years when the itch for HRP or HMP comes back.

The best experience owning a mustang has been the people, from watching JBVOBRA go 13.33 in a bone stock 2001 bullitt, down to the air filter, or meeting people like D98GT, aka MADDOX on the boards. One of the funniest guys,"the days of buying 5 dollar cars, or Ill buy your car for a pepsi, are over...." are timeless. (hope you enjoy the weld prostars)

• Sponsors (?)

I hated to see you part with the car but I knew you were interested in it and I told you I could find you a buyer in a short amount of time ;) For what it's worth--you are invited to drive either of the sn95s at the track and we'll let you know when it's worthy for HMP or HRP so you can attend.

Surely you will stay on these boards being that we are basically your family in a way. Been here for many of years and surely for many to come, even if you do go the Bierbelly route and pick a vette up ;) no love lost

As for my car--tear down will begin tomorrow. I'll just start basic and pull the drive side valve cover to see what we are working with. Cam Pos Sens code is never good so hopefully it'll be something simple and a quick fix :)

We all go through changes and that includes preferences in cars and desire to work on them. I seem to go in 4-5 year streaks myself, 92-96 I had my 92LX, 99-04 I had my 2000 GT, 08-? my 04 Mach 1/95. Good luck and no matter what when you come back I'm sure you'll find some of the same people still around. :)

Bill

Chris, thanks man! I wish the best for your car. I hope everything turns out well for ya, I know the feeling of having a car down from a PI head/cam swap. There might be an ls6 or ls2 in the future. Ive been looking for a while for the right car at the right price, but Ill proboly pull the trigger in OCT-DEC. Send me an email at [email protected] to keep me updated on the progress if you get a chance.

Thanks D, as always, I hope you too, get your car back up and running. I feel kind of bad that it crapped out on the way to my house so your bud could buy my car. Eitherway, good luck man, give me a shout sometime and Ill help Stephen at the track or to turn a couple wrenches with yall. BTW, I don't see a bottle of jack. I charge interest, so the bottle of Jack turns into a bottle of Patron or Don Julio in a few weeks!!

Deft, it was good meeting ya next to my house a while back. Too bad we didnt have more time to chat about stangs. You've got a sweet ride, we will have to line them up when I go to the dark side in a little while

Bill, thanks for all the help in PM's over the years on setups, recommendations, etc. It was also nice meeting you at FFW in Houston many years ago, though I doubt you remember. People like you, Starkie, Randy, Steve Drier, N20, Kenb, etc. really helped us amatuers out and paved the way for the performance, aftermarket parts, and know how for our cars. There should be a sticky on all the mod forums for the newbs about you guys

Never going to get out of mustangs, I look to buy another 96-98gt for racing in 4-5 years. However, right now, I just don't have the time, commitment or cash to have a c5/c6 and a mod motor drag car. The girlfriend also wants a car with seats.....lol.

Chris, thanks man! I wish the best for your car. I hope everything turns out well for ya, I know the feeling of having a car down from a PI head/cam swap. There might be an ls6 or ls2 in the future. Ive been looking for a while for the right car at the right price, but Ill proboly pull the trigger in OCT-DEC. Send me an email at [email protected] to keep me updated on the progress if you get a chance.

Thanks D, as always, I hope you too, get your car back up and running. I feel kind of bad that it crapped out on the way to my house so your bud could buy my car. Eitherway, good luck man, give me a shout sometime and Ill help Stephen at the track or to turn a couple wrenches with yall. BTW, I don't see a bottle of jack. I charge interest, so the bottle of Jack turns into a bottle of Patron or Don Julio in a few weeks!!

Deft, it was good meeting ya next to my house a while back. Too bad we didnt have more time to chat about stangs. You've got a sweet ride, we will have to line them up when I go to the dark side in a little while

Bill, thanks for all the help in PM's over the years on setups, recommendations, etc. It was also nice meeting you at FFW in Houston many years ago, though I doubt you remember. People like you, Starkie, Randy, Steve Drier, N20, Kenb, etc. really helped us amatuers out and paved the way for the performance, aftermarket parts, and know how for our cars. There should be a sticky on all the mod forums for the newbs about you guys

Never going to get out of mustangs, I look to buy another 96-98gt for racing in 4-5 years. However, right now, I just don't have the time, commitment or cash to have a c5/c6 and a mod motor drag car. The girlfriend also wants a car with seats.....lol.
I wish you the best, mate. I'll hit you up in a while with the progress and maybe some vids. Don't go cannibal on us and start taking down ponies tho!

You know it'll be up and running and STILL cracking your car ;)

The car will have the gears in it next week sometime and we'll be in your area so maybe we'll give you a shout to let you drive it and feel the difference since you know the car so well. You'll get your Jack then as well :rlaugh: I was a bit occupied with my POS on the side of the road or I would have got it then :D

Weather hasn't been the best so I haven't had a chance to even take the valve cover off. I'm nearly positive it is something simple and it should be up before this weekend. No need to feel bad about the crappiest looking sn95 on Stangnet, because if it's "bad" news it'll only come back better than before :nice:

No problem at all. That was years ago but yes I do recall meeting you there. That was probably one of the coolest things about following FFW/NMRA was meeting people from the boards that you would otherwise never meet.

Bill

Winters, thanks for the times and knowledge bud! You will be missed for sure and wish you the best in you next endeavours. Selfishly, hope you are back sooner than your 4-5 year plan and in another SN95 that you can take to the next level with the technology that's available then. Check in with us!:eek: