82 ford thunderbird ??

bufrd

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2001
midwest
I am lookin at gettin a 82 thunderbird It has the 4 lug bolt pattern.
What do i have to do to change the blot pattern, would it be just like doing a mustang from 4-5 lugs also what size rear end does it have looks like a 7.5.
What axles would work Aerostar,Rangers, What about the rotors ? Where should I get them from a Aerostar our Ranger also.
I know this is the 2.3 boards but you guys always seem to have the best advice......

• Sponsors (?)

ya its an 82 cause I had one like it before why I kinda want one again but rims are to hard to find for 4 lug.. should of took the ones of my burned up mustang !!
So any help out here ???
80-82 are also fox's aint to big of ones look kinda like monte carlos I think

I could be wrong (and we all know that never happens :) )

But wasnt the 82 the first year of the Fox based T-Bird/Cougar and 83 was the first year for the aero Bird?

I only say this because I seem to remember a square boxy Cougar Staionwagon that was 82 that was Fox based?

If that 82 T-Bird is indeed a Fox based car treat it like a Mustang, almost all the parts are the same. IIRC you need 2 drivers side (or was it passenger side?) axles and 2 Ranger 5 lug brake drums.

EDIT:

After much more digging it seems that 80-82 are the box birds and 83-88 are the aero birds.

But the 80-82 are listed as Fox body T-Birds, they are mentioned as the ugly as sin anti-aerodynamic cars and they get no respect. Would make a great sleeper. Also aparently the power headlight covers ar ethe first thing that goes out on them.

http://www.clydenc.org/newwave/frances/1982a.jpg

The 1982 Thunderbird was a fox bodied, four bolt, 7.5 rear ended car. All of the parts will swap between the Mustang, and 1982 Thunderbird.

LinkPhoto

I wouldn't mind having one. They weren't terribly huge, and will take all the 5.0 parts you can throw at them! :nice:

Well i bougt it anyway now do i need 2 drivers side axels from a ranger our from an aerostar our visa versa also what about the front, What kinda rotors do i get from an aerostar will my calpiers work our do i need to get new ones ?? thanks for the help ..
Heres what my old bird looked liked many moons ago

Attachments

• 82 bird.jpg
    82 bird.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 189