82 mustang GT vs 88 mustang LX

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
a guy is interested in trading his 1982 ford mustang GT 5.0 4 speed for my mustang

do you guys think this would be wise on my part? the 82 gt is in really good shape nice paint it has a 5 lug 8.8 rear in it 3.08 posi the front is still 4 lug it has welded tq boxes and southside upper and lower control arms flowmaster cat back and a 4bbl carb. then it has some type of ugly centerline wheels on it...

it even have a rear hatch wiper? never knew they made em :shrug: red with black lower in pretty good shape 4 speed with a new clutch.

how do you guys think a carbed car would be where i live? if i did trade him this would be my daily driver and i need to to start for me!

he sent me some pics!

i really love the look of an 82 GT but im torn becasue id rather have EFI

we gonna try and meet up this weekend to look over each others cars...i just dont know what to do :(

ygg.jpg

tg.jpg

hjgghujg.jpg

Attachments

• ygg.jpg
    ygg.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 91
  • tg.jpg
    tg.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 102
  • hjgghujg.jpg
    hjgghujg.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

NO RYAN as a matter of fact HELL NO you have done so much work on yours and have made it so nice. hell you are just a paint job away from having a really nice vert. you have totally turned that car around. your car has way more potential than his. (IMO) please dont do it.

just think about how much work has gone into yours and how close it is to being really nice. all that body work, new top all the interior restoring. NO

there must be some really underlying probs with his car if he is willing to trade straight up for yours. I wouldnt do it. I am sure that once you get your paint/interior finished you wont want to sell anymore.

so get one from the damn junkyard. :mad:

true but my dads a royal pain sometimes, i dont understand why he dont care if i trade for a manual 5.0 but he wont let me swap it to a 5 speed..

i think i may know why! i think its becasue he dont like me using the garage ever time im in there i get bitched at... :shrug: ...luckly my a freind of the family is buying a house this spring with a big garage and ill just do all my work over there!

what is your dad's reasoning for not letting you swap in a t5, its pretty easy and the car will come alive.

as for the car, think of it this way. if it was truly a good deal and you REALLY wanted it, you wouldnt have to come on here asking us. keep yours i think you will be happier.

true but my dads a royal pain sometimes, i dont understand why he dont care if i trade for a manual 5.0 but he wont let me swap it to a 5 speed..

i think i may know why! i think its becasue he dont like me using the garage ever time im in there i get bitched at... :shrug: ...luckly my a freind of the family is buying a house this spring with a big garage and ill just do all my work over there!

good thinking now ignore the 82 tell him no thanks and go to bed. its past your bed time. :D

I love the 82 GT's but every on Ive ever looked at was a money pit. I was actually considering doing an 82 front clip on my 91, and taking off the ground FX. The 82's look great but there is way to much to change to get them up to snuff.

i dont understand why your father wouldn't let you swap it out! like said before its easy! if my son came to me and wanted to do it and was going to spend his money on that id let him! better that then drugs or some other **** that's not good! hell id be in there helping out!!! like i said before Ryan NO DEAL!!! by the 5 speed dont tell your old man put it away and do it when hes not around! then show him when he gets back! he should be proud of you for doing it! not mad! if he gets mad at you there must be a reason he doesnt want you to do it! but if i was you id do it!LOL but that's just me! either way dont do the trade! now drink your milk eat your cookies kiss your mommy good night and sweet dreams! PS Ryan you going to the pinks all out ? it will be in norwalk Ohio June 6-7th ill be going! just thought you might cause your close! James

what is your dad's reasoning for not letting you swap in a t5, its pretty easy and the car will come alive.

as for the car, think of it this way. if it was truly a good deal and you REALLY wanted it, you wouldnt have to come on here asking us. keep yours i think you will be happier.

yeah i know its easy, i had to put a new AOD in my car when i got it, new transmission came with it but not in it.

he dont want my car to be fast thats a know fact.

it think it pulls pretty decent for an aod with 2.73's

i made these yesderday.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/577c0bf9-f86c-407c-81c5-9a1600f2f7d4.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/257c31db-acbc-435a-9f2a-9a1600f3e15a.htm

a 5 speed would be really nice to do along with a mass air swap...can i use an engine harness from a 92 for an 88? along with the computer? from a 5 speed car?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8ebe2513-3fc4-4440-8779-9a0800dfa9a2.htm

i thought it had a 3.08 at this time when i did this video...i poped the cover and its a 2.73 though

i dont understand why your father wouldn't let you swap it out! like said before its easy! if my son came to me and wanted to do it and was going to spend his money on that id let him! better that then drugs or some other **** that's not good! hell id be in there helping out!!! like i said before Ryan NO DEAL!!! by the 5 speed dont tell your old man put it away and do it when hes not around! then show him when he gets back! he should be proud of you for doing it! not mad! if he gets mad at you there must be a reason he doesnt want you to do it! but if i was you id do it!LOL but that's just me! either way dont do the trade! now drink your milk eat your cookies kiss your mommy good night and sweet dreams! PS Ryan you going to the pinks all out ? it will be in norwalk Ohio June 6-7th ill be going! just thought you might cause your close! James

im planning on it...:nice: its about 2 and 1/2 hours from me!

idk my dad has told me a bunch of different reason all of them he made up off the top of his head. i made a deal with him that when and if the aod dies a 5 speed is going on and he aggred to it...uncle was there to witness it :) so when it magical dies this summer :D a 5 speed will go in.

ill keep this one, your right ive spent way to much money/time on it to turn my back on it now..

im still gonna go meet up with the guy thursday and check the 82 out though!