Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Polyflex in! The front bumper will be next.
image.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Can you do step by step details on this process?
Sure, you've seen the bumper after it was blasted. That's the starting point.

It has some pretty heavy sun damage as well as the usual rock chips and sht like that.

I need to block the top of the deck lid one more time and get it shot first, but then I'll get after the bumper

Reactions: 1 users
So when's the car coming home?

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
No firm date mike, i'm going to get the bumper and right fender done next week. Then i have to get the hood and rear bumper, have them blasted and repair them. Lastly i will pull the driver's door and disassemble it and run it through the routine.

So three more weeks of repairing the panels, then i get the car and get after it. I will (obviously) need to get the engine running, gut the interior and put all the new stuff in, Sand off the surface rust on the body and primer it.

BTW, i won't be repairing and doing bodywork on the body at this point, it'll just be grey primer on it.

I'm betting a couple months before it gets it's first drive.

Reactions: 1 user
It's funny how many angry looks when someone wears a shirt like this to a high school football game!
image.jpg

No sense of humor here I guess. My son Andy is in that mess there
image.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
No firm date mike, i'm going to get the bumper and right fender done next week. Then i have to get the hood and rear bumper, have them blasted and repair them. Lastly i will pull the driver's door and disassemble it and run it through the routine.

So three more weeks of repairing the panels, then i get the car and get after it. I will (obviously) need to get the engine running, gut the interior and put all the new stuff in, Sand off the surface rust on the body and primer it.

BTW, i won't be repairing and doing bodywork on the body at this point, it'll just be grey primer on it.

I'm betting a couple months before it gets it's first drive.
should be right about the time mine is leaking,....er, running too.

Reactions: 1 user
That Kona Blue paint looks absolutely amazing. I think it'll go very nicely with the early Fox lines.

How did y'all fare with the rain this weekend? Heard there was a lot of flash flooding up in central and western Oklahoma.

No issues with painting panels so many days apart? I figured environmental conditions might affect it but I guess it's controlled well enough to not be an issue?
I don't know squat about painting

That Kona Blue paint looks absolutely amazing. I think it'll go very nicely with the early Fox lines.

How did y'all fare with the rain this weekend? Heard there was a lot of flash flooding up in central and western Oklahoma.
The heavier stuff stayed to the west of us @cenok is family might have gotten the heavy stuff. It just drizzled through the day here.

No issues with painting panels so many days apart? I figured environmental conditions might affect it but I guess it's controlled well enough to not be an issue?
I don't know squat about painting
Yeah, shooting it in my booth really helps.

It had been really humid here lately, so I had to slow down between coats of the color. When the air is saturated like that, it's takes longer for the reducer to come out of the paint.

Not too much of a problem though.

The weather has become perfect painting weather now though, highs in the seventies and low humidity.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.