Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you plan to recreate the factory texture? Or will you be smoothing everything out?
Recreating that texture is more work than I intend to do.

What I'm going to do next is to finish the repair, primer the whole panel, sand it smooth with some 400 grit. Then I'll spray the whole panel with a very thin rocker chip guard. Then scuff that after it dries and paint with a black that I've already matched to the new dash.

I'll show a picture of what the rocker guard looks like after I spray it. It's prettty nice. I'll do both trim panels with the same stuff. Unless you know what you're looking at, you really won't notice that it's a different pattern over the original.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Getting ready to shoot the hood again
image.jpg

IMG_0975.PNG
Hey Dave didn't know if you are interested in these TRX wheel/tire package. Kind of era correct I'm not a big fan in particular but just saw them in latest email from lmr

Reactions: 1 users
So what else are you going to do in that green now?
I don't know if I'll do anything. I originally was just going to make the stripe silver, but then I thought unless you're right up on it, all you would see are four silver dashes.

Maybe I'll still make it silver now:shrug:. It's getting late and I'm heading home. I'll think on it.:thinking:

I went with the green because my son loves the color green, makes me feel closer to him in a way.

Last edited:
Another concept... forgive the crude lines. Of course it should be the correct width and curve to follow the hood:

upload_2016-12-6_19-10-6.png
Ahhhh! The GT hood scoop. Absolutely i will one day. The hood itself on the GT has a hole beneath the scoop for room for the air cleaner too. I want both pieces.

They're pretty hard to find though. I'll put one on someday when i update the drivetrain.

I like the green, it was a good choice. Maybe just use it somewhere subtle such as wheel center caps, or the center of your steering wheel? Just throwing out ideas.
That's what i was thinking too Nick. Since i'm gutting the interior, there may be some place in there for a small accent too.

Last edited:
IMG_0975.PNG
Hey Dave didn't know if you are interested in these TRX wheel/tire package. Kind of era correct I'm not a big fan in particular but just saw them in latest email from lmr
I saw that. I would love a set of TRX's. I would love it even more if they made a 17x9 and a 17x8 version.

Right now i'm as broke as can be, so no big purchases. Work is starting to pick up, so maybe in a month or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Ahhhh! The GT hood scoop. Absolutely i will one day. The hood itself on the GT has a hole beneath the scoop for room for the air cleaner too. I want both pieces.

They're pretty hard to find though. I'll put one on someday when i update the drivetrain.

I am struggling with my flat boring hood on my '89. I dont want to go aftermarket, but considered an '83 GT "bump" just to give it some sort of texture. I spotted one on Ebay, but just not sure it will look right on an areo nose car.

I am struggling with my flat boring hood on my '89. I dont want to go aftermarket, but considered an '83 GT "bump" just to give it some sort of texture. I spotted one on Ebay, but just not sure it will look right on an areo nose car.
You found one on eBay? How much are they wanting for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.