Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so y'all know, I have other hobbies, cheap, but good:
IMG_0445.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

On the Robby front. I was real busy all day with customer cars today, but at the end of the day i did work on my mirrors. I tore them down and sanded them down. The passenger mirror only had one coat of paint on it, easy peasy. The driver's side had SEVEN coats, when I say SEVEN, I mean seven coats of sealer and seven coats of black! Holy Crap! I smoothed out the right side and stripped the left. I may strip the right just to prevent lifting issues when i paint them next monday. I'll probably paint some of the trim at the same time, of course these are going to be the trim grey with the half an eggshell finish on them.
IMG_2453.JPG

Anywho, question: The mirror wobbles on the driver's side. How do i tighten this up? @madmike1157 ? Anyone at all?

And how about the gasket between the mirror and door? Anyone got suggestions?
IMG_0446.JPG

Last edited:
I'm saving it.

I'll wait until after you go out and buy those ten dollar boards (saving 40.00 )in exchange for the work that'll be required to transfer and cut all of those holes.
upload_2017-1-12_19-57-49.png

I agree,....saving 50 bucks when and where you can makes sense when there are options (Like the Chinee wastegates :rolleyes:) that offer similar end results (seemingly) for far less.
But,...
Like Chinee wastegates,..what seemed like an affordable option ended up being 100.00 that got thrown straight into the trash.

So,....the moral to the story is save yourself the hassle and the money. Buy the pre cut boards, before you end up throwing away the 10 dollar ones (and the hours spent cutting them) effectively making a 50 dollar pair,...60 bucks + labor.

IMG_0623.PNG

Surely someone else is awake by now.

To bolster my claim of being an idiot, i sewed the zipper on the driver's seat back upside down....:nonono:....I mean....:nonono:.

Reportedly, experience is the best teacher. My experience apparently taught me how to sew a zipper on inside out, not so much to be sure it is oriented correctly prior to spending and hour and a half sewing a 14" zipper. One more time....:nonono:

But, this time, BY GRABTHAR'S HAMMER! I WILL AVENGE MY ZIPPER!:bang:

Painting my mirrors was on my list of things to do.

I know they sell mirrors, but don't think they offer any sort of rebuild kits. I'd love to be able to rebuild my power mirrors as they go all wonky when i try to adjust, and are loud
IMG_9664.JPG

Painting my mirrors was on my list of things to do.

I know they sell mirrors, but don't think they offer any sort of rebuild kits. I'd love to be able to rebuild my power mirrors as they go all wonky when i try to adjust, and are loud
IMG_9664.JPG
My right one is fine, but that left one just plain wobbles.

VICTORY!!!!

At least half a one!:nice:

I sewed one side of the zipper on, AND I sewed it with the correct orientation!
image.jpg

This calls for a drink doesn't it? It took 1.5 hours to do that. I used a stitch similar to a sewing machine, very strong.

Only another hour and a half to go and my tailoring career will be over:banana::cheers:.

Reactions: 1 users
VICTORY!!!!

At least half a one!:nice:

I sewed one side of the zipper on, AND I sewed it with the correct orientation!
image.jpg

This calls for a drink doesn't it? It took 1.5 hours to do that. I used a stitch similar to a sewing machine, very strong.

Only another hour and a half to go and my tailoring career will be over:banana::cheers:.
What are you using to protect the end (tip) of your finger that pushes that needle through all of the thick, stiff fabric?...

Are you using a thimble Dave?.....:O_o:

What are you using to protect the end (tip) of your finger that pushes that needle through all of the thick, stiff fabric?...

Are you using a thimble Dave?.....:O_o:
A thimble? I'm much more manly than that. I just cram that needle right into my fingers. It's not done right without drawing blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.