Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one bright shiny thing that happened today.

I've been asking around about finding a place besides a rental unit to work on Robby.

My shop foreman just so happens to be friends with a smaller independent shop owner.

He called him and asked him about working on my car there and he said sure!

That means I'll have everything I need right there! Electricity, air compressor, good lighting, possibly even a booth for painting the jambs (and more maybe?). Possibly even a fridge to keep my favorite beverages chilled!

Woohoo!:banana::banana:

Now, this guy may want me to pay some cash for the use of his shop, but maybe, just maybe he'll want something painted and I can avoid these unwanted fees!?

Reactions: 8 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I've been asking around about finding a place besides a rental unit to work on Robby.

My shop foreman just so happens to be friends with a smaller independent shop owner.

That means I'll have everything I need right there! Electricity, air compressor, good lighting, possibly even a booth for painting the jambs (and more maybe?). Possibly even a fridge to keep my favorite beverages chilled!

Now, this guy may want me to pay some cash for the use of his shop, but maybe, just maybe he'll want something painted and I can avoid these unwanted fees!?

Daves paint shop might be a real thing after all, huh buddy :D

Reactions: 1 users

Trade swap is always the way to go. I'd build anyone the deck of their dreams to paint them two cars to look new again.

Trade swap is always the way to go. I'd build anyone the deck of their dreams to paint them two cars to look new again.
I have never found a trade swap aka "Buddy deal" that ended up working out. In most cases, I'm doing the best I can for said buddy, and he's rushing to get my junk out of his way, or I ended up having to finish the stuff I couldn't get him back to do....I learned that lesson the hard way after 2-3 burns

If I had a dog
IMG_2074.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
I have never found a trade swap aka "Buddy deal" that ended up working out. In most cases, I'm doing the best I can for said buddy, and he's rushing to get my junk out of his way, or I ended up having to finish the stuff I couldn't get him back to do....I learned that lesson the hard way after 2-3 burns
Me too wired a pool for the owner of an upholstery shop. That's no small chore mind you, he rushed my door panels and never made my steering wheel cover AND when I went to pick up the panels he asked for money for the materials.

Well, I got the bastard etched and primered . It looks better in the picture than in real life.

BTW, a picture of the neat stand that allows me to spray the jambs and topside at the same time.
IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2078.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
Well, I got the bastard etched and primered . It looks better in the picture than in real life.

BTW, a picture of the neat stand that allows me to spray the jambs and topside at the same time.
IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2078.JPG
Does "it looks better in the pictures than in real life" mean that I shouldn't be able to see the acne on the front of the hood?

Reactions: 1 user
I've been working on the hood as i can, work picked back up.

Here's a picture in different light of it so you can see how bad it is. I'm getting the warping out using a shrinking hammer, pick hammer, various dollies and a couple electrical shock methods. I've about got the right side fairly straight and tight.
IMG_2080.JPG

I have just about finished prepping the bumper too. No pictures though (that's it in the background). It'll probably be tuesday before i paint it, monday will be a busy customer vehicle day. You won't believe the difference, it looks soooo much better, really like a new bumper. I can't wait to see it painted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.