Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

Well here is a little update:
We went to the track yesterday for some testing. We were just making some 60' hits to check the tune up and honestly were going easy. This picture is from our second test pass.
014040495131708.jpg

It climbed the ring gear right out of the hole and was on the bumper till about 200' out. The car isn't really damaged other than the bumper is scrapped up and the headers are smushed but fixable. It did go 1.40 60' on the bumper lol and the craziest part about it was the data logs only show a max of 62% throttle. We made some adjustment to the struts and got it to stop wheeling. The two passes after this it was blowing the tires off by the 330' as soon as it saw 26 lbs of boost. I have to fix the headers and make a few small adjustments to get it where I want it. All that I have to say is boy does that UPR suspension work!

Reactions: 10 users
Well here is a little update:
We went to the track yesterday for some testing. We were just making some 60' hits to check the tune up and honestly were going easy. This picture is from our second test pass.
014040495131708.jpg

It climbed the ring gear right out of the hole and was on the bumper till about 200' out. The car isn't really damaged other than the bumper is scrapped up and the headers are smushed but fixable. It did go 1.40 60' on the bumper lol and the craziest part about it was the data logs only show a max of 62% throttle. We made some adjustment to the struts and got it to stop wheeling. The two passes after this it was blowing the tires off by the 330' as soon as it saw 26 lbs of boost. I have to fix the headers and make a few small adjustments to get it where I want it. All that I have to say is boy does that UPR suspension work!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. That is a gonna fly when you figure out how to get it to hook for the 1320!

The limiters were sitting on my tool box lol, its one of those things I was waiting to put in. Definitely need them. The funny part was looking back at the time slip it coasted through the eighth 6.0@98 lol. I'm waiting to get the video off my buddies camcorder.

dang thats a hell of a ride. what struts are you using now? The only crappy thing about the limiters is that if it goes up like that you gotta pedal it quick or you are gonna smash some stuff bad

dang thats a hell of a ride. what struts are you using now? The only crappy thing about the limiters is that if it goes up like that you gotta pedal it quick or you are gonna smash some stuff bad
I have strange 10 way adjustable struts on it now. I'm trying to find the balance between suspension setup and power management lol

I have a bunch of timing pulled out of it and fuel added to it off the hit, middle, top etc.... I knocked power out of it all over the place but the UPR setup laughed and made my buddy poo in his race pants! We just have to play with the suspension some more and maybe cut a hole in the floor to see out of if it comes down to it. Bringing it to shop tuesday to use my special custom tool on the headers, worked wonders on mine so should do the trick lol If it still wheelies we will put a procharger on it to kill power more ! (sorry Sharad couldnt resist :) ). All in all still moving forward making progress and having fun so who can ask for anything more well be back at track in the next week and im sure our little superstar nick will update!

Heres video of Uglies transformation
View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152281042685255

Reactions: 1 user