Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

Oh... and I nearly forgot. I've created a handy tool for the next time you go down the track.

Print this and affix it to the dash in plain sight of the driver:

track guard.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

@Noobz347 you crack me up! Thanks for the compliments and yes I will try to keep it off the wall this time around! I have the factory fog lights but they mount in the factory steel bumper. I could make mounts for them but its just that much more stuff hanging off the nose of the car.
The GT hood decal was a mist have for me along with the gt stripes that they did in 84 even though I added 1,000 to the factory number lol

Reactions: 1 user
@84Ttop nick if you have the lights I need a set if you want to get rid of them. my friend is building an 85 coupe with a gt nose
I have a small hoard of 4 eye parts since they are getting harder and harder to get. Not sure I'm ready to part with them yet... Don't take this the wrong way, I don't belong on the TLC channel nor do I need a crew to throw away my precious junk lol

Reactions: 1 user
I have a small hoard of 4 eye parts since they are getting harder and harder to get. Not sure I'm ready to part with them yet... Don't take this the wrong way, I don't belong on the TLC channel nor do I need a crew to throw away my precious junk lol
I don't blame you
at all I would never take that the wrong way if I had a set I am
not sure I could part either

Back when I went to the Frank Hawley Drag Racing School, they pounded into our heads time and time again, to NEVER contemplate what can/could go wrong. You only visualize and think about EVERYTHING going right! Their reasoning was that if you are thinking "don't hit the wall, don't hit the wall" chances are you are going to hit the wall. It was a self fulfilling prophesy. Basically, thinking negative, causes negative things to happen. Obviously you can not account for mechanical failure, but you can certainly take control of the human aspect of things.

Reactions: 1 users
Back when I went to the Frank Hawley Drag Racing School, they pounded into our heads time and time again, to NEVER contemplate what can/could go wrong. You only visualize and think about EVERYTHING going right! Their reasoning was that if you are thinking "don't hit the wall, don't hit the wall" chances are you are going to hit the wall. It was a self fulfilling prophesy. Basically, thinking negative, causes negative things to happen. Obviously you can not account for mechanical failure, but you can certainly take control of the human aspect of things.

See that's why I don't drag race anymore. The faster I built the car to go, culminating w/ the 95mm turbo car, the thought that I could be this guy wouldn't stay out of my head:
burningman1hs6.gif

Reactions: 1 users