Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

This is a photo from last year but you get the drift. It has a lot of new "ish" under it now, like a mechanical cable driven fuel pump and gangster shocks lol
JpIh3GBDJmUrbbuq4k7fB2JaiOcA_1EnDSF46m4SPbo.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I know it was a rough weekend, #ButDidYouDie?

Seriously though... THEM RIBS!!! :p
While it may have been a rough weekend, we still were able to drive the car in the trailer after all that abuse! I might add, we also drove the car out to the street, down the road and in the front gates to make every pass lol. #Wedidntdie
I will leave you with this:
20150904_180516.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Reactions: 3 users
Since when did I go for the shiny look?
That's it, sequined race suits for eveyone!
How does it go ? It's not gay , it's just racing . [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
any word on the struts?
The word is lazy... It was raining cats and dogs when I got home yesterday and I needed to roll the car out about 3 feet out of the garage if I was to do anything and that just didn't happen. I'll get to it next week, taking the fam to the shore this weekend :)

Reactions: 1 users
Alright Nick, I have a question for you....please don't shoot me if I come across as a total idiot or jerk.

I saw in one of your last few post that you ran a 5.40 last weekend. I know that wasn't a perfect run. If I remember correctly, your car made 1400+ rwhp? With that kind of power, I believe I am safe to say that a 5.40 run was really slow for what the car is capable of once it's all ironed out. So what do you expect the car to run once it gets nailed down? In the 4's?

Joe

Alright Nick, I have a question for you....please don't shoot me if I come across as a total idiot or jerk.

I saw in one of your last few post that you ran a 5.40 last weekend. I know that wasn't a perfect run. If I remember correctly, your car made 1400+ rwhp? With that kind of power, I believe I am safe to say that a 5.40 run was really slow for what the car is capable of once it's all ironed out. So what do you expect the car to run once it gets nailed down? In the 4's?

Joe
Without getting all into cuz I'll let nick do the talking . The wheelies were not helping all the air time and peddling coming down account for it. They were hoping for 5.20s to get in the mix . Sorted out and nick can tell me if I am wrong it has 5.0s in it . I believe he and kris mentioned last weekend it's been like 177 to the 1/4

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Joe
This is actually a good question. Last year when the car was on the dyno with the Xb105 we made 1442rwhp and even more with the 110. Last year the car easily went 5.0's@146 without leaning on it hard at all. This year it is a different story only sporting a Ysi-b and loosing several hundred hp due to that switch. We moved into a not her class to try and be more competitive since x275 is well out of hand now. I think on kill that little blower could go 5.0x but I would be happy to see 5.1x anything from the car. The problem is, I change this car around as often as I change my underpants (frequently for all the wise @$$ mothers thst are reading this right now) and I probably don't explain everything I do as well as I should. I would guess thst the car makes in the neighborhood of 1100-1200 rwhp at this point the way things are setup. The gen1 275 radial is also a big limiting factor for us as the tuning window is so small to get down the track on that tire. We will get at it though!

Reactions: 2 users
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realize you had the ysi on it. I remember you talking about it. I was basing my question on a guy I talk to at the track who has a ysi 331 and runs 5.3x, so obviously I was thinking you guys had a lot more in it.

I would love to see you thow the big blower on it and some slicks and go for a hail Mary pass! Keep up the good work, I love the car.

Joe

I only started reading at page 40, because, well, 50 pages is a lot.
First off, thank you for this thread, and your commitment to it. Keeps all us peons dreaming.
I am no expert, but I noticed the same as some others, looks like the rear is "unloading". In the DH mountain bike world we would add compression and slow up rebound... maybe even toss a heavier spring in it and really slow the rebound to control the added "boing". Not sure if that relates to the 275 world or not, but, there it is.
Again, awesome thread, I will be following this.

I only started reading at page 40, because, well, 50 pages is a lot.
First off, thank you for this thread, and your commitment to it. Keeps all us peons dreaming.
I am no expert, but I noticed the same as some others, looks like the rear is "unloading". In the DH mountain bike world we would add compression and slow up rebound... maybe even toss a heavier spring in it and really slow the rebound to control the added "boing". Not sure if that relates to the 275 world or not, but, there it is.
Again, awesome thread, I will be following this.

problem of unloading the rear is coming from the front hitting the limiters hard.

the back of his car should actually lift when he lets go of the brake. tightening up the rebound wont let it bury the tire into the track. which also helps keep the nose down

Well I would like to go testing next week but that isn't looking too promising. I have a few things to try with the suspension to get this all to work as giving up as enticing as it may be is simply not an option. Long story short, we were called in for a favor late last night and my blower is on it's way to help another Team Vortech member out. There are only a handful of V27 Ysi-b blowers in existence and we've had 2 of them on my car. The first was removed to help out Renegade star Brian Mitchell beginning of the year and this one will be going to Jason Lee to hopefully hurt some feelings in Ultra this weekend at the Shakedown race in OH. Vortech should have another blower out to us next week after they get a few parts back from the machine shop. The one thing that I can say without a doubt is how awesome the racer community is, I've had so many people bail us out last minute with things that it's only right to do the same whenever we can. This gives me a chance to fix a few electrical gremlins this weekend with the car anyway so no harm done!

Reactions: 2 users