Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

Sorry you had a mud pit for a little while but your hanger is coming along nicely.. :D...Is your current shop moving in there or are you going to just have two shops?
It's kind of a long story about the shop. In a nut shell divorce (in this case my buddys) is nasty. I will be opening the new shop in the spring and we will be shifting away from the retail end of things and move towards doing more dyno/tuning type things. Of course we will still be a top tier Vortech dealer and will offer installs of thier components along with a select few other brands (UPR, Mickey Thompson, Moran Motorsports, Magnaflow, etc.)

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

It's kind of a long story about the shop. In a nut shell divorce (in this case my buddys) is nasty. I will be opening the new shop in the spring and we will be shifting away from the retail end of things and move towards doing more dyno/tuning type things. Of course we will still be a top tier Vortech dealer and will offer installs of thier components along with a select few other brands (UPR, Mickey Thompson, Moran Motorsports, Magnaflow, etc.)

Sounds like the New shop will need another car to Demo all the out standing products you sell as well as show off the shops build and tuning skills.. And since you already have two mustangs covering the Fox platform and the New '15 platform. I am more than willing to offer up my '94 for any and all product/tuning demos you may need......
:lol::D:jester:
Lol
I hear nothing but positive mention of you and your partners shop all over this site and how highly recommend you all are I have no doubt this new venture will be very successful and the Ttop will be even more insane. But seriously if you need a Ragged 94 GT, you know how to find me lol

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the kind words!
Its funny you mention that we need a SN95 in the stable... I can't divulge all of our plans quite yet but I can say that I have acquired a car that will fit that bill ;) The rest will be hush hush for a while. I think @TOOLOW91 is one of the few people with an inside line on the "new" car :)

Reactions: 1 users
Its funny you mention that we need a SN95 in the stable... I can't divulge all of our plans quite yet but I can say that I have acquired a car that will fit that bill ;) The rest will be hush hush for a while. I think @TOOLOW91 is one of the few people with an inside line on the "new" car :)
I don't know what you're talking about ;)

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

The possibility of you doing an Sn car is great, hopefully a detailed build thread will come along with it, ya know, so I can steal er uh.... Borrow some of your ideas (ones that I could possibly afford lol.)

The possibility of you doing an Sn car is great, hopefully a detailed build thread will come along with it, ya know, so I can steal er uh.... Borrow some of your ideas (ones that I could possibly afford lol.)
The biggest form of flattery is having someone use your work as a basis. :)
After the new shop is done I'll put together a new thread with the plans

T Top, is this a new private venture, or just a continuation of what you've been doing? Either way, good luck and let us know what we can do to support. I'm all about supporting small businesses.

T Top, is this a new private venture, or just a continuation of what you've been doing? Either way, good luck and let us know what we can do to support. I'm all about supporting small businesses.
The new shop will be a joint venture and will pick up more or less where we left off. Some things will change as to be expected but things will be moving forward in a positive direction. I appreciate all of the support from the members here, it really is such a great community of people of which I couldn't be happier to call my friends.

I'll have some more shop progress tonight or tomorrow, I'm getting the itch to get going on this again after a short vacation.

I'm sitting here thinking....this guy knows a lot about the car I'm building. Then I look at the distance between us,.....hmmm 2 days. Then, consider what it's gonna cost me for a local tune where I'm just another car on the rollers.

**mechanical old school adding machine noises**

940 miles. .:dammit: Towed there, w/ a truck, and trailer I'd have to borrow, and fill with diesel fuel there, and back....:dammit:

Who the hell even wants to live in the north anyway? Why aren't you building that shop in Atlanta, or some other southern " reasonable to get to" distance?

The ONLY way that could be done reasonably would be to get the Monster running, and keep my foot out of it for the 1000 mile drive.

* more calculator noises*

Hmmm,...if the monster gets 25 mpg, at current gas prices,.......40 bucks to drive, 100 for the over night stay and meals up there,...159.00 for the overnight stay before the dyno appt. 150.00 for the night after the dyno appt, 40 bucks for the drive back, 100.00 for the return overnight and meals.... 580.00.

That would be an extra 580.00 plus your labor fee just for the peace of mind that it'll get done the right way. Would I pay that?

In a heartbeat.

Would it make sense to drive an untuned car 1000 miles, then put it on a dyno 1000 miles away for a power tune, where one of my ratchet minded modifications might rear its head, and strand me 1000 miles from home.....

:thinking:

I'm sitting here thinking....this guy knows a lot about the car I'm building. Then I look at the distance between us,.....hmmm 2 days. Then, consider what it's gonna cost me for a local tune where I'm just another car on the rollers.

940 miles. .:dammit: Towed there, w/ a truck, and trailer I'd have to borrow, and fill with diesel fuel there, and back....:dammit:

Who the hell even wants to live in the north anyway? Why aren't you building that shop in Atlanta, or some other southern " reasonable to get to" distance?

The ONLY way that could be done reasonably would be to get the Monster running, and keep my foot out of it for the 1000 mile drive.

Hmmm,...if the monster gets 25 mpg, at current gas prices,.......40 bucks to drive, 100 for the over night stay and meals up there,...159.00 for the overnight stay before the dyno appt. 150.00 for the night after the dyno appt, 40 bucks for the drive back, 100.00 for the return overnight and meals.... 580.00.

That would be an extra 580.00 plus your labor fee just for the peace of mind that it'll get done the right way. Would I pay that?

In a heartbeat.

Would it make sense to drive an untuned car 1000 miles, then put it on a dyno 1000 miles away for a power tune, where one of my ratchet minded modifications might rear its head, and strand me 1000 miles from home.....

I picture a very large mechanical time clock moving in slow motion here ( gears turning :shrug: ).

So why don't I live in Atlanta.... I think if I had to move I would go to Tennessee, that would be of course if it wasn't for my other business ventures, NJ state licenses, Daughter, other misc. family and whatever else doesn't strike me at the moment. I would enjoy a climate that would allow me to race all season so maybe Georgia would work :thinking:. Nope, too much invested here in NJ. There is plenty to not like here, like overbearing gun ownership regulations, high property taxes, crazy insurance premiums..... wait, why don't I live in Atlanta again? :bs::doh:

As for the 1000 mile trip, that would be a brave move! Not that I'm saying you fit the "norm" by any means but I have seen so many failures of parts (and stuff you wouldn't even think you could break if you tried) while on the dyno, especially on brand new builds. With that said, it sure would be cool to see the Gila spin the rollers :nice:

That Stangnet dyno shoot out coming to a garage near you errr in mikes case a few days from you .... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I picture a very large mechanical time clock moving in slow motion here ( gears turning :shrug: ).

So why don't I live in Atlanta.... I think if I had to move I would go to Tennessee, that would be of course if it wasn't for my other business ventures, NJ state licenses, Daughter, other misc. family and whatever else doesn't strike me at the moment. I would enjoy a climate that would allow me to race all season so maybe Georgia would work :thinking:. Nope, too much invested here in NJ. There is plenty to not like here, like overbearing gun ownership regulations, high property taxes, crazy insurance premiums..... wait, why don't I live in Atlanta again? :bs::doh:

As for the 1000 mile trip, that would be a brave move! Not that I'm saying you fit the "norm" by any means but I have seen so many failures of parts (and stuff you wouldn't even think you could break if you tried) while on the dyno, especially on brand new builds. With that said, it sure would be cool to see the Gila spin the rollers :nice:
All I know is that the one guy that was supposed to tune the thing has problems. When he doesn't, he is in no particular hurry to do anything. I really haven't checked into anybody else, as this guy came recommended from the guy I bought the BW turbo from. Not that I'm in any big rush,...I won't even think of driving this thing until it's complete, and at the rate I'm going,................never comes to mind.

It's not like they'd gain any business from an " all-in" 400 hp banger pull. That's all the power this car will ever see on its best day.

400 Hp might not be the biggest attention getter, throw in that it's coming from an Aussie headed-straight six, with a turbo, shoved into a fairmont(Cyclone) with wild body mods and paint-that's YouTube Famous waiting to happen.
But you already knew that.... Right?
Lol

:stick: :D

In a heartbeat.

Put it on a transport truck and have it shipped up there, and fly up. Nick can tune it, then you drive home. What's not to like about that?

Is the Gila Monster "Insta-Famous" yet? It's all the rage these days...those instagrams :scratch:

On a side note, we are pouring concrete in the new shop tomorrow. We spread 80 tons of DGA yesterday and compacted it all. The block work for the dyno pit is finished and we will be tidying up a few loose ends today (while it rains its butt off) to be ready for tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users