Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

@Boosted92LX Race Proven Motors Store - Plenums
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. If you need a 4150 sideways elbow to a 105 mm TB let me know ;) I have one sitting in the garage...lol

Man, that's a neat resource! They do have cool goodies. Did you not use the 105 mm elbow because it was too big? If that's the case, no way it would work for me, lol.

Man, that's a neat resource! They do have cool goodies. Did you not use the 105 mm elbow because it was too big? If that's the case, no way it would work for me, lol.
I thought I needed a sideways deal and wound up needing a forward deal. A 90mm TB fits the 105 flange and it was a buddy of mines so the price was right, until I couldn't use it hahaha

We used a penetrating floor sealer to hopefully minimize my oil stains, it was a heck of a job rolling 2400 square feet... good thing a few buddys came by to lend a hand.
20151205_132118.jpg

We also started framing the office and bathroom today... this was a lot of work! I'm no carpenter but I think that it's coming out pretty good. I also was able to mount the electric panel, should be pulling wire in the next few days.
20151206_151803.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
I
^ not sure I understand that smiley, but I dig your shop.
How do you plan to insulate?
Thanks!
Insulation will be 2" thick 4'x8' sheets (R13) topped with 1/2" plywood for the exterior walls, the bathroom and office will get R19 fiberglass insulation. When the ceiling is finished it will have corrugated metal on the inside and blown in insulation above it.
It's not a living space and in heating season it likely won't be heated over 60 degrees, I am still considering the possibility of installing a wood stove or pellet stove but am currently undecided.

Reactions: 1 users
Garage is getting there, time has been the biggest thing I'm in need of.... I think I worked 100 hours this week and spent all of last weekend out at PRI in Indy.

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm waiting on the new "upgraded" blower for the 84, that is it as far as being ready for the 2016 race season. The new rules allow us to keep the methanol and lose 100lbs from the car so it's a win win. The car will be 3100 with the driver this season :)
The hood is getting wrapped next week along with a new pass. fender (I may have had a whoops with the fender...never mind that). Other than that I didn't get any Christmas car parts :( boooo

I've been so busy with work I haven't had a lot of time to keep this updated, the little bit of time I have had has been spent in the new shop trying to gain some traction on completing things there. As of today, we've pulled just shy of 2,000' of wire in the shop for all of the electric (not including the service that isn't in yet). We insulated the walls and put plywood up around the whole shop interior this week, I installed the bathroom and office doors and finished the deck on top of both of those. I had another 60 tons of milled asphalt delivered and spread that this weekend in the driveway. Next up is installing the exhaust fan, roughing in the plumbing, insulating the bathroom and sheetrock. If I ever nail my brother down for a weekend we will get the electric service ran out to the building but his schedule is about as busy as mine. It's a wonder I find time to do anything out in the shop with all of the work at my day job.
2015-12-25 12.07.27.jpg

(The millings need to be compacted still and I have grass seed to plant over to the left still. Pictured also is the 500 gallon septic tank going in for the bathroom, that will eventually be buried behind the shop)

2015-12-26 14.28.39.jpg

(This was the only real progress picture I managed to snap? I'll have to take a few finished pictures tonight)

2015-12-26 14.28.34.jpg

(This is what the interior of the shop will look like, I'm planning on having banners around the top of the whole shop to 'dress it up' a bit. The electric will be tied into surface mounted 1900 boxes with duplex outlets.)

Reactions: 3 users