Build Thread 84ttop: I Suck At Updating This Thread...

• Sponsors (?)

Mark is great at what he does, for that matter Brian uses Bullet to grind my cams. After talking with both Mark and Brian I just feel like I'm getting a ho hum job from Mark and quite a bit of attention from Brian. He has yet to steer me wrong, not changing what works good lol.
I am in no means knocking Mark, he gets plenty of cars to go fast!!!

Mr Freezy just shipped mine! Hopefully I get it today or tomorrow. He was easy to work with. My only complaint,which isn't his fault,is how long it's taken. It will be 4 weeks come Monday. There was a backorder/issue at Bullet(the cam grinder). Hopefully it is everything I hope it to be:fairly streetable and capable of making 340-345rwhp without notching the Pistons.

Reactions: 1 user
Mr Freezy just shipped mine! Hopefully I get it today or tomorrow. He was easy to work with. My only complaint,which isn't his fault,is how long it's taken. It will be 4 weeks come Monday. There was a backorder/issue at Bullet(the cam grinder). Hopefully it is everything I hope it to be:fairly streetable and capable of making 340-345rwhp without notching the Pistons.
Yeah I had mine in. a week and 3 days when I ordered . I am glad you chose him .

Reactions: 1 users
I will just leave this here... More to updates about this car next week!
received_10153070174681368.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
It's been kind of a waiting game not having all of the puzzle pieces to put the car back together, it seems that every part that I order or need is custom made or weeks and weeks out. The waiting is finally over and progress is to finally be made! I doubt that I'll be making the April 4th race but I'll be dam ned if I'm not going to try!

Transmission was freshened by my friends at Transmission Specialties who were gracious enough to sponsor the car for this season. They addressed a few concerns I had with the trans and found a broken band and retainer while they were in there. Everything is fresh and ready to rip!
IMG_20150225_155210632_HDR.jpg

I did some final disassembly yesterday to get ready for the motor which is going back in tomorrrow (fingers crossed). Intercooler...who needs that anymore? Going to give this non intercooled thing a try:O_o:
IMG_20150319_162201931_HDR.jpg

I'll be replumbing the blower tubing so the old tubing had to go. This is some of the carnage I found from when the tire must have met the tubing:eek: I don't even know when or how this happened!? Oh well, it's scrap metal now
IMG_20150319_154125733.jpg

Not gonna save any of it? Ya know......'just in case'?
The tubing will get tossed, if it wasn't smashed up I would keep it. I have enough tubing, v bands, etc laying around that I can make new tubing in an hour or two. I've been trying my best to not be a hoarder... If I saved every last smashed part I had I would need a storage locker as big as the one @tannerc91gt is working out of:cool:

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be replumbing the blower tubing so the old tubing had to go. This is some of the carnage I found from when the tire must have met the tubing:eek: I don't even know when or how this happened!? Oh well, it's scrap metal now
IMG_20150319_154125733.jpg

im guessing when you put it on the bumper

Making some progress yesterday, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel
IMG_20150321_170646878_HDR.jpg
Light at the end of the tunnel huh?,.....that is usually a train.

Looking at you radiator helps me.

I was concerned that I may have damaged mine by sticking those plastic thingys that hold my cat sucking cooling fans onto the surface. I actually tore some of the folded aluminum between the cooling rows jamming the things in there. I'm sure that I'm screwed when it comes time to add water to it.

That is until I saw that poor old beat up thing you have hanging in front of the drivers side tire.

That thing still hold water?

Light at the end of the tunnel huh?,.....that is usually a train.

Looking at you radiator helps me.

I was concerned that I may have damaged mine by sticking those plastic thingys that hold my cat sucking cooling fans onto the surface. I actually tore some of the folded aluminum between the cooling rows jamming the things in there. I'm sure that I'm screwed when it comes time to add water to it.

That is until I saw that poor old beat up thing you have hanging in front of the drivers side tire.

That thing still hold water?
The radiator certainly isn't pretty... I can assure you that it does hold water though!
I can't tell you how many tools, spark plugs and god only knows what else has been dropped on it but it has been a tank.

Well, I was able to get something accomplished today! I started to put the headers back on the car and though to myself " Self, I wonder why these headers leaked so bad last year... Maybe I should put a straight edge on the flanges and see what is going on" I did just that and come to find out, two of the flanges where not even close. Go figure that these are the two that would never seal for more than a few passes. On the straight edge they were more that 3/16" off from top to bottom. "Self, How the hell did this happen" Then it dawned on me...
The first pass out last season I did this:
Wheelie.jpg

And smashed the crap out of the headers. This was before the UPR oil pan savers were installed, I have no worries about doing this again now that I have these!
IMG_20140416_215525842.jpg

Buying new headers was not in the cards... I did what anyone else would do, I got the welder out and "fixed" them. I welded the flange up and ground them back down until they sat perfectly straight on my welding table. We shall see how well they actually work in a week or so.
IMG_20150331_102553278.jpg