86-93 LT's on 95 GT **Need specifics**

sldghmr

Jun 30, 2003
Sil Sprg, MD
Did a search for this and came up w/some general yes it'll work except for EGR(already capped off) hookup. What I need/want is a long tube, 1-piece flange header for our cars with a matching H or X pipe. Can the 86-93 headers bolt correctly to a 94-95 mid section? Does anyone have specific part numbers that they are running? I've been told that the BBK's are 1 piece flange and that they are not. Does anyone really know? Does anyone really care?

• Sponsors (?)

The BBK's do have the one piece flange, and the MACs do not... I just finished installing my MAC ceramic coated headers this past weekend, and they went on perfect, and I was able to install all the bolts by hand... Plus they supposedly have better ground clearance than the BBK's, but I haven't seen it first hand...

Personally, I would just get LT's for 94/95's, that way you don't have the fitment problems that I have heard of, when installing the 93 headers...

Ok so that's 3 people that say BBK's are one piece flanged and one against. I figure I'm not using the EGR anyway and the 86-93's are usually cheaper so if the fit isn't a problem (especially w/an X-pipe) then why not go for it....

I have a set of BBK chrome long tubes from a fox car on my car. They are single flange to pipe design and they work better than the single flange in my opinion. Anyway, all I had to do was modify a shorty h-pipe a little bit for it to work. I just drove it to the exhaust shop that does all my work open headers with the h-pipe in the trunk and about twenty minutes and ten bucks later I had it all bolted up. Oh you have to take the cross brace that is under the car off to get them in and then you can put it back on once they are in place. But working on the clutch with longtubes is a bitch as I found out a couple weeks ago.

well...to ease your pain, i just went through a mac LT header and hpipe from a fox body. the LT's in general are a pain to put on but i guess i got lucky with the mac's cause after 4 years of being on the fox that i bought it from, they had no fitment problem at all. the hpipe had no problems either besides the return line for the smog pump was a lil weird but that was easily fixed. i got my setup for $75 and sold my headers for $90 and o/r hpipe for $60. guess i came out on top of this deal :) ......trust mean, the sound is friggin awesome.