86 Coupe Need Ideas!!!

radimus50

Nov 16, 2008
VA Beach, VA
I just bought my 4th mustang. Its a black 86 coupe 4cyl. Trying to decide which way I'm going to go with this. Thinking about updating to 87-93 ft bumper and rear quarter glass(where do you get those?). Other than that its up in the air. Any suggestions. Will a 94-95 Gt be a good doner car? Since you get 5 lug axles and 4 wheel disc.

• Sponsors (?)

I have an 84 t top notch that was converted so now it looks like every other car out there. I wish the PO had kept all the 4 eyed stuff so I could change it back. Some day I will an I think if you change you're you may feel that way too later on when your fox body looks like the other 50 at the cruise in.

Here is the way to not have a belly button of a car...

If you change the front bumper, ONLY change it to another 4-eyed bumper, I recommend 85-86 GT. It's the same as the one on the car, except GT's had fog light openings.

Give the car a nasty stance, 4-wheel discs and some sharp 17" wheels with fat rubber.

Small cowl hood at most - clean is mean.

For power, find a 2.3 turbo motor, tear it down and build it up strong. Pump as much turbo boost into it as it will take, and let it scream.

Ridiculous amounts of fun, and people will look at you funny when you fire it up and there is a buzz instead a rumble. Then boost it up and tear away sideways with the turbo howling

I changed my 81 notch over to an 87-93. Some people couldn't believe I did that, but I am completley happy with the decision. You have to do what you want to the car because it is your car.

Leave the car 4 eye! I agree with the other post, mean stance, kick ass tires with a 1.5 to 2 inch cowl hood, would looks sweet!! Thats exactly the plans I have for my 86 coupe :nice:

Trade him body parts.:shrug:

+1

Do whatever you want with the car, but KEEP or SELL the parts if you do convert it. Us 4-eye guys have a hell of a time finding good body parts, so DON'T throw them away.

I used to be all "don't convert it wahhhh" but now I see it this way: The more people who convert, the less 4-eyes there are on the road and the more unique my car is. Heh.

Plus, its all about personal expression, so don't let other people tell you what to do with your stuff.

Couple of suggestions...Use the 85-86 nose, Paint the chrome trim black,Use late model quarter glass,Use the suspension,axles,brakes,motor,tranny,efi from the 95....That would be a very unique 4 eye...Im partial to the 4 eyes...But, in the end its your car and you can do what you like,not what we wish we could do...

Kelly