86 GT 5 Lug Conversion ?

redlordamazon

Nov 21, 2003
new york
I want to convert my 86 GT convertible to 5 lug and use 2003 OEM Bullitt rims. Could any one tell me what items I need. I know that I need new rear axles and drums - no problem. I know I need 87 - 93 spindles and back plates as well a 11" 5 lug rotors to replace my 10 " 4 lug rotors. I need to know if i need to change the caliper mounting bracket and caliper as well as struts. If any one could tell me I need these items as well as anything else I would greatly appreciate it. I also need to know if I need to use a spacer with wheel set up, also if any one has any items for this conversion for sale please let me know:D . Thanks Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I also need to know if I need to use a spacer with wheel set up

Can i give you a suggestion? I would rec that you go to 5 lug 4 wheel disc. You won't regret it. Once you get your 5 lug conversion down with rear drums you'll wish you had the rear discs. Mark my word! If your trying to do the conversion on the cheap side, simply go to your local junk yards and get the needed parts.

Oh and for you spacer question. It all depends if you gonna run the sn-95 or fox length axles and which off set. And then if for some reason you bought the wrong combo and needed a spacer. You can simply slide one on and away you go. Assuming that the spacer isn't to big which would require you to run some longer studs.

Edit: 50resto.com makes a complete kit brand new for $399.99. Its give you the 5 lug conversion your looking for. Front disc and rear drum. Good luck

You will need '87-'93 struts.
Since youre already swapping spindles why not just get Sn95 spindles and rotors and calipers?
Theyre much better than the Lincoln crap and the spindles are probably the same price as used '87-'93 spindles. The rotors are cheaper too.

The calipers bolt to the spindles.