'86 GT isn't starting...

Fuzzylogic

May 8, 2005
Albany, OR
Hey all,

I'm trying to help my Dad with an issue on his car. It's not starting. He's dropped the tank, replaced the fuel pump and filter, and put the tank back up...but still nothing. Has fuel pressure all the way to the engine and the pump is working. It isn't the starter - wish it was that easy.

Anyone have any ideas as to what area to check, what to troubleshoot, common causes, etc? I'm sure there's a lengthy thread already here, I'm about to start a search but I wanted to get a thread started with his problem in case it's something unique or can help out others with their problems.

If anyone has any questions that would help them troubleshoot this for us, go ahead and let me know. I only have the little bit of information from his short email to me today, I'm going to talk to him more in-depth tomorrow and I'll relay and have him check any questions you guys might ask on here.

Also, if anyone happens to have a URL handy to a good thread for this, please feel free to post it here. It's appreciated, poor guy has been busting his butt at work and on the car and is getting frustrated, haha. I've already found one thread talking about Jrichter's crank but no start checklist, so I'm about to head off to find that.

• Sponsors (?)

While searching, you will come across Jrichker's Cranks but won't start checklist. Print it out and take it out to the shop. Start running down the list and you will find the issue. The list systematically checks systems, which saves time and money.

Good luck.