86 help!

86project

Sep 18, 2006
I just bought an 86....but i wanna know how easy it would be to go four eye to two eye, would a 87 body kit bolt up, or do i have to drill. either way is fine....or would it simply not fit. And any suggestions for a 3.8 to 5.0 conversion kit....ecm, and harness.

Help appriciated,
Mason Frazier, Tx

• Sponsors (?)

86project said:
couldnt pass up a perfect body interior, and convertable top for $250 just needs motor

Where are ya.. i have a 91 aero nose that i would swap for a very good shape 86 ... minus the drivetrain and wiring harness of course (went to carb)

bryce93lx said:
umm if you wanted a areo nose car you should have bought one, other wise go over to foureyedpride.com they will be very helpful with the swap :lol:

Oh, you are BAAAAAAAAAAAD. LOL

foureye > aero x 794586738569384654653984539563500.7

Yes, I'm a hypocritical owner of an aero nosed Capri.

FarBeyondDriven said:
Where are ya.. i have a 91 aero nose that i would swap for a very good shape 86 ... minus the drivetrain and wiring harness of course (went to carb)

well its a convertable, is urs? Im in Texas and sounds like a good trade to me it wuz a 3.8 and the motors ***t but the top is fairly new and body looks good.

lol well when i finish the swap and paint it u'll think diffrent....or maybe not, but the four eye doesnt look mean enuff to me....plus its mostly for the body kit i want, i didnt find one i liked for an 86

86project said:
lol well when i finish the swap and paint it u'll think diffrent....or maybe not, but the four eye doesnt look mean enuff to me....plus its mostly for the body kit i want, i didnt find one i liked for an 86

:jaw:

before

ad58eff5.jpg

after

dads86gtafternewrimsanddecal008.jpg

dads86gtafternewrimsanddecal010.jpg

just paint makes a huge difference, i thought ours was rather ugly till the primer and the first coat of paint went on, :)

Attachments

• ad58eff5.jpg
    ad58eff5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 47
  • dads86gtafternewrimsanddecal008.jpg
    dads86gtafternewrimsanddecal008.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 66
  • dads86gtafternewrimsanddecal010.jpg
    dads86gtafternewrimsanddecal010.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 53
86project said:
well its a convertable, is urs? Im in Texas and sounds like a good trade to me it wuz a 3.8 and the motors ***t but the top is fairly new and body looks good.

ahh, i didnt read that it was a vert. im partial to hard tops.. sorry about that.

ya love the color....thats the best example of a four eye i've seen....but i still dont know....and advice on interior resto on one of these? mines not bad....but not new either....it wuz a 3.8 so its got s****y gauges.

86project said:
ya love the color....thats the best example of a four eye i've seen....but i still dont know....and advice on interior resto on one of these? mines not bad....but not new either....it wuz a 3.8 so its got s****y gauges.

go autometer with gauges. PM 795.0pacecar and ask for some pics of his gauge cluster. its purddy :)