86 mustang...can I use the Walbro GSS 341 pump?

wicked93gs

15 Year Member
Sep 30, 2006
Nashville TN
I know the correct pump is listed as the GSS 340...the only difference I can see between the two is the inlet is a slightly different offset...but not having done this yet on a mustang I dont know how critical the inlet spacing is...on my neon for instance it was critical enough that I couldnt use this pump because it had a canister with a certain inlet location...do foxbody mustangs?...the reason I ask is that I have had this pump sitting around brand new for years unable to use it in any of my cars...I recently picked up a SVO and need to upgrade the fuel pump as part of a process to trace down a high boost issue...since I already have the 341, it would be ideal if I could use it, or at least get it to work with no massive mods

• Sponsors (?)

I looked for some pictures of that version, but any i saw were either generic or poor quality.
It appears to be close to the 340.
Looks from your sig that you have plenty of other cars to drive, so drop the tank and try it, worst case scenario you have to order a 340 and the tank stays out for a day or 2.