86 svo block....

Shinlee

Feb 10, 2006
there is a guy i know in san marcos, that owns a 93 5speed, with an 86 svo block in it. he said he blew the bearing in the turbo, so he stuck the cast iron exhaust manifold on the block, then ran a stock intake on it, and he says he pulls mid 15's n/a....i havent quite had the chance to race him yet, but i wonder if thats possible to do that on the turbo internals from an 86 svo engine...

i have seen the engine though, and it is a 4cyl engine, that looks like a 91-93 engine, but i dont know what an svo block even looks like, and it doesnt have any nitrous hooked up to it either.

any opinions if this is a load of crap or what?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a load of crap to me, if he has a turbo block with a dual plug head it would make less horsepower than stock (lower compression ratio). He would have to have a LOT done to the engine (cam, headwork etc) for it to run 15's without the turbo on there.

I also have to wonder why people refuse to replace a turbo when it goes out...a used one is like $200.

he said he has 2 kids and a wife, so cant afford the turbo replacement...but what all would he have to have done to run 15's on a turbo block? im curious, and without nitrous

first of all he would of had to have a turbo on the thing to run 15's. if he dosent have a turbo, he would have to have a 175 shot of nos at least! and if he dosent have nitrous, a 350 mph tail wind, and a miracle. And a turbo block is just another 2.3 block with a turbo drain hole. I think he was prolly running 15's with the turbo before it blew up.