Fox 87'-88' Vs. 89'-93' Factory Wiring Harness

After reading up on all these different wiring harness specifics between the different years (even the MAF), and then having to get after market computer chip/board on top of that. . . . . . . a Holley 750DP or bigger is looking better and better. lol

• Sponsors (?)

That's not a cobra motor. A9L and I see orange top injectors. Looks like a stock 5.0 HO with just Cobra intake on it. Of course, then there's that supercharger which I have no idea how that's setup without a MAF

Honestly, seems easier to swap the engine into the 1988 and just do a Mass air conversion to it. The harness kit from IST harness is only $45 or so. Seems easier than rewiring things.

I don't know how it runs without a MAF either, but it does. It idles and runs good with it. I need an EVAC System for it, as once it idles for a bit (it has an electric clutch that engages when power hits it, and currently it's wired direct. so it's always on.) it will load up some and starts pushing some serious blowby out of the vented valve cover cap. I had relaced it with a stock cap, and it will blow the dipstick completely out and squirts oil everywhere. It had me in a panic since I was away from my place when this happened.

I run an e303 cam. The wonderful part about using a megasquirt is I don't need a maf, and can do all my own tuning. The software is pretty easy to use once you figure it all out. The best part is I will never need to pay someone to tune the car, I plug in my laptop and go at it.

Oh and the MS I am running I built myself, it plugs into the factory harness. Or you can buy one already assembled for around 800$ No need to swap harnesses around just plug it in and go. If you are interested I can give you a video walk thru of the install and software.

I run an e303 cam. The wonderful part about using a megasquirt is I don't need a maf, and can do all my own tuning. The software is pretty easy to use once you figure it all out. The best part is I will never need to pay someone to tune the car, I plug in my laptop and go at it.

Oh and the MS I am running I built myself, it plugs into the factory harness. Or you can buy one already assembled for around 800$ No need to swap harnesses around just plug it in and go. If you are interested I can give you a video walk thru of the install and software.

I'd appreciate the video/link and any hands on info from you on building my own. I'm color blind so I'm going to have to get my cousin to help run the wires, lol.

If it were me, I'd remove the supercharger and associated junk. I'd yank the hacked harness and mystery tune ecm out and purchase a used 87-88 harness and da1 ecm from a junk car and swap it in. This harness and ecm should be pretty cheap because they are not really desirable at all. Get the car running 100% and then plan out my mod list. If my mods include a cam then I would plan to convert to mass air first. Once mass air conversion is right and car is running idling good I would then start slapping on the parts I've accumulated to run on the car.. or just enjoy it for a little while stock and reliable.

Actually I would probably skip the mass conversion and just buy the 89 year harness which is a direct plug in to 87-88 cars and already has mass air. Purchase the mass air ecm and then start the mods. 89 year v8 cars already have mass air Incorporated and has the correct plugs to connect up to your dash harness without modifications. 90 year harness would be first year with airbag and although possible it would take a good bit of wire tracing and repinning to work so stick with 87-88 if your staying speed density or 89 if your going mass air.

If it were me, I'd remove the supercharger and associated junk. I'd yank the hacked harness and mystery tune ecm out and purchase a used 87-88 harness and da1 ecm from a junk car and swap it in. This harness and ecm should be pretty cheap because they are not really desirable at all. Get the car running 100% and then plan out my mod list. If my mods include a cam then I would plan to convert to mass air first. Once mass air conversion is right and car is running idling good I would then start slapping on the parts I've accumulated to run on the car.. or just enjoy it for a little while stock and reliable.

Actually I would probably skip the mass conversion and just buy the 89 year harness which is a direct plug in to 87-88 cars and already has mass air. Purchase the mass air ecm and then start the mods. 89 year v8 cars already have mass air Incorporated and has the correct plugs to connect up to your dash harness without modifications. 90 year harness would be first year with airbag and although possible it would take a good bit of wire tracing and repinning to work so stick with 87-88 if your staying speed density or 89 if your going mass air.
You realize this is from 2 yrs ago right...:O_o: