87-93 HATCHBACK QUARTER WINDOW MOLDINGS replacements?

LRS-29710-KIT_3.jpg

I want to change mine but I'm thinking of just buying new windows but nothing is wrong with my own.

I just want the rubber seal replacements!? lolDo they work well? Any pictures installed? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It just sucks that my factory glass is perfect but the trim is drying out and looks horrible. The covers look cheap like they would break easily. It would be a good idea to fabricate something that could replace the rubber. I bet it would sell. damn.

Yah I hear you, never had a complete quarter glass apart but seems that some one could come up with a seal kit to use your existing glass.

Scott

i live next to a body guy and what he says to do is mask off ur glass and paint and leave ur trim exposed, use a fine grit sand paper and some rattle can primer and a trim black rattle can, 5 minutes in between each coat, he says he would do about 3 - 5 coats w/e looks good to your eyes

i live next to a body guy and what he says to do is mask off ur glass and paint and leave ur trim exposed, use a fine grit sand paper and some rattle can primer and a trim black rattle can, 5 minutes in between each coat, he says he would do about 3 - 5 coats w/e looks good to your eyes

I've done one window so far. It looks a lot better than it did, but it's not perfect. I've seen some guys on here get them perfect.

It took me a lot more than 3-5 coats. I used up almost 2 cans of sandable high build primer on one window. Maybe I was putting it on too thin.

This way takes some work and a lot of time, but for my car it was a lot better than $300 for new windows. My biggest problem now is that all of my other trim looks bad when compared to the quarter windows. So, I need to take all of that off and paint it too.

So how come you can't replace the trim? I'm so used to it pulling apart separate.

Mine is fairly new....but whoever installed the new trim/windows didn't seat it right. It looks like its popping out up in the corner.

I've done one window so far. It looks a lot better than it did, but it's not perfect. I've seen some guys on here get them perfect.

It took me a lot more than 3-5 coats. I used up almost 2 cans of sandable high build primer on one window. Maybe I was putting it on too thin.

This way takes some work and a lot of time, but for my car it was a lot better than $300 for new windows. My biggest problem now is that all of my other trim looks bad when compared to the quarter windows. So, I need to take all of that off and paint it too.

Do you have pics of your progress? I'm curious to see.

Here's one. I've painted the windows now, and put on a clear coat. I don't know if I did the clear too soon, but the paint in one corner rippled up, so I need to sand it down and paint and clear it again. I'll try to remember to post a picture of that when it's done.

IMG_1173.jpg

any updates on the progress? I went and bought all my supplies. I'm hitting the task in the morning.

I can't find my cable to download the pictures from my camera. While I'm looking for it, here is a thread with pictures of some windows that have been completed. You'll have to scroll down to see them.

http://forums.stangnet.com/777839-hatch-quarter-window-trim.html

I would think that it'll be fine if you do it on the car. I just liked the freedom to move the window around when I sanded and painted. If you decide to take them off at some point, remember there are 9 nuts that need to be removed. I can't believe I didn't break my window trying to pull it off with only 6 or those nuts removed.