87-93 timing cover/water pump w/ 95 acc.?

• Sponsors (?)

No you won't The 94/95 setup is roughly 1.5" shorter than the fox set-up. completely different nose assembly. about the only thing on the front of the 93 that can go on the 94/95 is the harmonic balancer. Sorry man...

im in the middle of the same swap. you will need to change the front timing cover,when you do take off the round piece thats bolted to the cam and reinstall the bolt. if you dont i heard it will trash your motor. swap all your acc. and your valve covers and you will need to use your 94-95 intake or buy the adapter for the older style intakes. feel free to pm me if you have any more questions

venom97 said:
im in the middle of the same swap. you will need to change the front timing cover,when you do take off the round piece thats bolted to the cam and reinstall the bolt. if you dont i heard it will trash your motor. swap all your acc. and your valve covers and you will need to use your 94-95 intake or buy the adapter for the older style intakes. feel free to pm me if you have any more questions

What he said.

I just finished the same swap, and am trying to get the word about the Mechanical Fuel Drive... TAKE IT OFF WHEN DOING THE SWAP!!! <--- IMPORTANT.

FuelDriveMech.jpg

It's that ONE single cam bolt. Unbolt it, take the FuelDrive off (dogdish shaped) bolt the bolt back in, and bolt your timing cover up.

Have fun :) I just completed the swap too, including using Fox body intakes. Feel free to PM me with any questions as well.

Venom 97 made a good point about the valvecovers too. You need to use the 94/95 Valvecovers (at least on your passenger side, with the oil filler neck) OR you will have to cut the neck, and modify it to go around the Throttle Body stuff.

Attachments

• FuelDriveMech.jpg
    FuelDriveMech.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 87