87 HOOD Help, Leaving for paint in less then a month!

Hey Guys, I am a new Member looking for some opinions. First off I want to give the respects. You guys have helped me(countless hours of researching and brain draining and reading, and reading as a viewer only) build my fox and make it mine. I've used this site for the AOD to T5, MAF upgrade with the 89 harness and re-pining all wires into factory locations on the harness(Nice and sexy). Changed the floors, quarters, rockers. Changed the Oil pan gasket in car(And YES, It will come out ;), Of course the ol' 41&91, 44&94 usual stuff. This is my 8th Mustang. And this will be the one I die with. I now know this Car better then my own body.

Anyways...

She's leaving for paint on Dec 5th after 3 Years of making her perfect. I have less then a month to get her together for my Body Guy. I just grabbed all the new Door trim, Body Kit Mounts, Metal Door Handles etc. So I think I have everything, But then I remember the motor i'm going to order. I'm grabbing the FRPP 392 Crate, just going to jump the usual bolt ons and stuff. I am going to switch the Z304's in the crate to some AFRs I think later on.

But the problem is I'm running a stock hood right now. And I know the 392 or even a 351 for that matter is going to not like squeezing in there. So I need a Cowl.

I know the usual Cervini's 2.5 will work and look good. But then I seen a 2" Steel Cowl Hood at LRS and I think the same one at the Mustang Shop in Alberta, But no manufacturer, so I called(Mustang Shop) and they said it's a GoldenStar I think? Haven't found any reviews or read a single forum about this steel hood.

I like Steel, Sounds and looks great. And it's about 50-100 bucks cheaper then the cervini's 2.5" Fiberglass cowl with shipping included.

Has anyone ever used this hood? Or Heard of it?

1987-93 Mustang 2" Steel Cowl Hood at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Or

1987/93 Steel Cowl Hood

Any info would be great! And thanks again for such a great forum :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

I have saw them advertised but never saw one in person. Boss makes really nice hoods as well.

The Problem is I don't have many Canadian Dealers for Glass or Metal Hoods. Unless someone knows a place??

a lot of US places won't ship over the border.. Probably looked at as a massive headache and liability. Which I understand.

Steeda is far to expensive but close to me I can pick it up (Can get the same hood shipped to my door cheaper from Mustang Shop)

Wish I knew of a good Harwood, Cervini, Maybe HO Fiber in the area or within reasonable shipping.

Im looking at the same hood myself, you may want to try Goodmark if they will go up there. Ive seen several of there steel 2" cowl hoods on foxes and I would say its a factory hood if I didnt know better, thats how well they fit.