87 Maf Conversion

Ok so i have an 87 mustang gt (automatic) with an 88 tbird/cougar engine. it has been converted to HO and i am running the HO firing order and she drives great. Now my question is, am i able to convert it from speed density to mass air? i have the mustang wire harness, 19# injectors, E9ZF-12A650-CA (A9P) EEC-IV and the E9ZF-12B579-AA Mass Air Meter and housing rated at 19# and Mass air 4 pin harness. I have all the directions on how to wire it. even down to adding the fuel pump monitor wires and the vss wires. Now the ecm and maf are both rated for 19# and both out of an 89. So with that being said, should i have any problems?

• Sponsors (?)

If you don't make any mistakes with the wiring, it should run good.
Before you start, dump the codes and fix any codes that do come up. That way you won't have to worry if you created a problem with the conversion or it was something left over from the original setup.

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL(Check Engine Light) isn’t on. I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

make sure you disconnect the vacuum line from the manifold to the MAP/BAP sensor on the firewall and plug the end from the manifold. On a MAF car, it reads atmosphere air vs. on a SD car is reads manifold pressure.