88' Coupe, Recommended Tire Size For 18" Rims

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
Can anyone recommend a tire size for 18x8.5" front and 18x10" rear on an 88' coupe riding on Eibach pro kit and no quad shocks. I don't mind a little hammering and rolling the fenders.

Any help would be appreciated. Please do not respond with "i don't like them" unless there is a solid reason not to run 18's on a fox.

• Sponsors (?)

im going to jump in here too, I want some 17 inch 03-04 cobras in 4 lug. My car is lowered, but im not too sure what spring is in there, when I was swapping components they said proline and are red in color. I dont know what size tire to order. is 17 inch the standard size rim I see on all the cars running these rims? what profile do I order?

IMAG0639_zps1c4dea7c.jpg

I know the rims I want are back ordered for about 2 months but I know for sure I don't want to wrap a 10" wide rim in a tire that's only 10.8" wide (275). If anything I'll get a 295/35 tire but Nitto doesn't make anything in that but the NT05 which I don't want

@GroverDill I'll definitely take you up on using that tool. Better than a hammer. The wheels are on back order but I won't pull the trigger till I find a set of tires that are reasonable. I don't want a drag only type of tire, just a summer only performance tire like a Nitto NT555 or BFG Gforce comp tires that I just got rid of (they were 16").