88mustang on a budget

I wear daisey dukes tank top and boots for work
Jan 25, 2016
My 88 fox is begining to piss me off.. More so the guy who **** me when i bought it. This is my very first build. Im 21 have a daughter on the way. Am on a budget. But ive already dumped like 5k in this counting the 2000 i paid for it. Most recently i bought the bellhousing plate so i could put my stage 1 clutch and trans back on my motor bought after market motor mounts. But turns out my old mounts are stuck on tried sawing gringing break over bars lol and my old fly wheel is trashed. Its got all new suspension. Cobra wheels [ which dont fit on the rears due to gas shock rubing.] maf conversion. Cai. Sub frame connectors. Under drive. All new interiors like carpet and head liner. Rubber weather stripping all replaced. New door hinges and hatch hinges. Rotors drums and hardwear new. Tie rod ends. I mean i could go on. Only thing lect to replace would be the shell of the car and steering rack. Everything els is new. But my ground effects dont line up worth :poo:. And im getting low on funds. Just wanted to vent and see if anyone els hit a low and bounced back with a sweet fox. Thanks yall. Always good people to talk with on stang

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome! You just have to be patient, especially now that you have a baby on the way. Your funds will be diverted to more important things but you can really plan out the future of the car and start doing the little things along the way as you accumulate parts. I sold my first mustang after my first kid was born and eventually got my fox with the understanding that it would be a long term deal to get it where I want it to be.

Good luck with the car and congrats on the coming baby. Your life will totally change. You will find lots of good advice on this forum. Post pics along the way.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. Thats actually why i bought a car. I didnt get to know my dad till my late teens and we never had those momenta under a car hood or anything. I didnt know how to work on them. So i took a small loan against my 05 Silverado and found me a project 88 fox gt i love the car. I one day wanna be able to have my daughter and i build her first car. My wife is very supportive of it. I was just a lil bummbed and she asked whats up i said my damn fly wheel is stress cracked and holding up the rest of my build. So an hour goes by and what do i see sitting on my hatch but a box from orileys.. 50oz 157 tooth flywheel all shiney and new.. Lol see why at 18 i married this woman. Mechanically i dont stress as bad as i do cosmetically. Ground effects are all saggy and not lining up the interior plastics wont go back in like when i took them out yo put carpet in.. I dont have friends to help me out. Which would be great at times.. Ill take some pics here in a bit an show ya what im working with

0325161826c.jpg
0322162028b.jpg
0322162027.jpg
0312162054.jpg

That's great that your wife is supportive. I'm right there with you on your plans with your daughter. I look forward to the day I can work on my car with my kids. You may have your work cut out for you but stay positive and just tackle it one thing at a a time. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ive got lots more parts and pics but my phone is being screwy. This is just a car i wanna hoon around town and maybe make a statement or two. Dont really need it to be beautiful but run like a striped ape. Ive got a 1000 dollar sound system and a magnaflow pro sieres dumps bbk shorty headers and off road h pipe. With down tips. Im just so ready to hear her roar. My neighbors even stop in and ask when they can hear it. Lol. I had an 83 f150 stright piped 3 in with glass it sounds awesome. I sold it though for a down payment on my 4x4 4 door silverado.. Wife said i needed a reliable truck lol..

Attachments

• 0403161038b.jpg
    0403161038b.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 0403161039.jpg
    0403161039.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 0403161037.jpg
    0403161037.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 0403161037b.jpg
    0403161037b.jpg