88 mustang gt need advice plz

CHRISSOLES

Jan 15, 2011
CALIFORNIA
SO my problem is i just got my first stick and its my 88 gt of course mustang .. but im still learning to master stick....but i want to get some more power outa my car... what are some possible things i can do ..?? its completely stock right now. any advice would help.. the only thing done to it is its lowered...

• Sponsors (?)

Wow! Well you have a few options.

If you want a **** ton of power I'd go with the On3Performance turbo kit. Between the kit, fuel components, gauges, and supporting mods your looking at $3500-$4000 and you can push around 400rwhp.

If I were you I'd do a nice set of heads, cam, roller rockers and a higher flowing intake manifold. Add some 24lb/hr injectors, a larger throttle body & MAF, cold air intake, full exhaust, and a set of 3.55 gears you will be making some good reliable hp.

if you want to make good power i would buy an engine stand and a 347 stroker shortblock and some good heads and build it up right from the ground up and when its done drop it in and haul ass, this would also give you time to find weak points in the rest of the car and fix them as they come up and get used to a stick without having so much power to tear stuff up.