89 5.0 VS 05 GT

• Sponsors (?)

The whole idea with the fox has always been how much can be done with so little, for so little money. Get out of the gate right, car properly done, and get your shifts, even if you just lose(if), and you get out of that fox laughing, making another expensive car run like a little girl every time he see's you. Even if he wins, ask how much he spent, and tell him he shoulda done a whole lot better than that. Thats what we fox guys have always done!

No one's mentioning the cam either. I'm not saying an F cam will do much in a stock car, but if the heads are ported well, he might have a halfway decent setup. I still think the '05 will walk you. I guess we won't know until you try. Good luck.

Ain't that the truth? Everybody I've ever lost to said they didn't think that little Mustang would run that well, and sure thought about it when I'd see them and ask if they wanted to go again. Your fox carries a mighty big stick, never fear hitting someone with it!

Yeah we will see we are suppose to meet up next weekened. So I hope my car is running tip top then. My heads were professionally ported by a machine shop called Ahines Racing engines. They are a family owned business been around up here for 30 years. They have a pretty good reputation.

So is that comparable to aftermarket heads, performance wise?

No, they did use different heads on the 86's but I don't know what the changes were for 87 and newer. The four eye I had, I put an 89 in since it came without an engine, I never had to look into it. If Steve's shop did up his E7's right, and he hooks it up (that 4.10 is awful steep without slicks), that 05 is gonna be working!

stock S197 GTs trap about 103 stock. dynos have been between 255-270 rwhp stock. the mufflers on his car dont add much power. the O/R H is the best mod to his exhaust. the 4.10s should help him out, but only if he has learned how to launch. otherwise, he will spin the tires. the CAI/tune gain the most power out of this set up.

overall, he is probably still under 300rwhp, REALISTIC (coming from a S197 owner). IMO, the only way to really find out is to :Track:

one member here has posted his dyno sheet. 263rwhp 279rwtq Bone stock. with underdrive pulleys, demolet cai, and xcal-2 with 93oct tune he got 295rwhp 315rwtq.

i just wanted to add some realistic numbers to this thread. lots of numbers flying around in here. :)

Not to worry! Check out thread by back2fox, parts are east to come by, save a little here and there- 60 HP easy to find (even for a dad to be, bud) Steve is gonna be a problem for that 05, I'm tellin ya!
In agreement! As I previously stated, we just need to wait and see! I think its gonna be good! Thanks for throwing some of your real world numbers in also bigcat!:nice:

jb, thats a race I'd also like to see, those LS's were wicked machines, made me glad I retired from active race duty before they came out. Do you live near the 05 in question?

"were" is the keyword. Ls1 days are gone, in with the ls2 and ls7 taking it's place. You can't get 400rwhp out of an ls1 with boltons, whereas an ls2 it's nothing to accomplish. 400hp out the door seems to be the standard today.