89-93 Vert Window Channels?

jmc01gt

Mar 11, 2010
Austin Texas
Hello Fox Crowd! It has been a long while since I had a Fox, but skipping the long story I no longer have my supercharged 01 and had an 89 GT Vert that needs some TLC land in my lap. I know it is a minor issue but I hate window "slop" and would like to correct it on this car, but when I research the parts the vert window channel weatherstrip is only for 87-88 cars...what do the 89-93 verts use?

A quick rundown on the car since it's not in my signature yet and everyone wants to know these things. 89 GT vert, auto, 5.0 with GT-40P heads, unknown cam (I suspect an E), Off-road X-pipe, Summit cat-back, 4:10's out back.

Thanks for your help!

• Sponsors (?)

Your 89 should take the same weatherstrip as the 87-88. The newer tops wrapped over the top of the windshield. The only difference is that the 90-93 top was longer in the area that contacts the top of the window frame. They don't know exactly when in 89 the change happened so they ommited 89.

Thanks for the info! Since the run channels on T-tops and verts don't extend past the mirrors I was wondering what the difference could be, always best to ask when there is a great knowledge community like Stangnet.