89 Lx Convertible

wideopenthrottle

Jul 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am new to StangNet. Recently I have purchased and 89 fox convertible that has been in a garage for the last 10+ years with the hopes of making it my weekend street machine/ track car. 20140407_185759.jpg

Presently the car is on the lift getting an s95 conversion, 9inch w/ disks, chassis stiffening, suspension and a 6 point.

20140712_124309.jpg

This is not my first fox. We have a carbed 85 that launches beautifully so we're doing the same things to the chassis/ suspension. The difference is that I am staying with the fuel injection and running an aod with 373 gears and a spool. Im inexperienced with efi cars so this is my conquest into the great unkown.

I want the car to run 11-11.5 and be very streetable. I am wide open on the motor and i do have a budget so I need advice in how to proceed based on what I already have.

i have the following items:
-.30 block
- 347 cast crank
-347 h beam scat rods
-ford racing cobra upper & lower Intake
-70mm bbk throttlebody (on car)
-abaco 85mm mass air (on car)
-andersen power pipe(On car)
-24lb python injectors (very rusty Probably wont use)
-random fuel pressure regulator(")

Looking to make a torque machine that has good mid range max rpm @6000.

I have my eye on the afr 58cc 185s but I'm pretty much clueless on the rest. Trying to figure out what the best injector size, cam and pistons I should look at to achieve my goals. Any help advice would be appreciated, cheers!

• Sponsors (?)