'89 stang new owner seeks manual

davidyork

Apr 4, 2005
I just bought my 1st car, and it's an '89 mustang. I am looking for a shop manual for it, preferably an official Ford released (opposed to the Hayne's of Chiltons). Does anyone know of a good place to look? Ebay is listing them for almost a hundred dollars, which seems way too steep.... Are those Hayne's or Chiltons Manuals okay? I've only heard bad things about them....
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I have Chiltons manual and it works great. Most local autoparts stores should carry them. Its not really worth spending the money on a shop manual. .

Shop Manuals

Check Ebay, and Mustang parts houses. I have the original ford manuals for '72 and the haynes manual, I have noticed that a lot of the diagrams and procedures in the Hanyes manual are right out of the Ford manuals.

I Liked my chiltons 89-93 manual...didnt care so much for the 79-93 haynes one, but they were good info between the 2 of them.

As for Ford service manuals, they are definatly the most informative. I have several from 88-93. Some Yrs are complete in 1 book, other Yrs are broken down into multiple chasis, electric, drivetrain etc books... some in great shape, others in not so great shape. shoot me an email if interested

No offense David, but you might try posting in the 5.0 forum or the 2.3 forum, depending on what engine you have. I'm not trying to run you off, but there's a better chance on of those fellows has one over there that they might part with, or have a source to get one cheaper.

In my own experience, I've bought factory manuals for my '95 Windstar and my '90 Isuzu Amigo off ebay and never paid more than about $25.

RED92VERT said:
I have Chiltons manual and it works great. Most local autoparts stores should carry them. Its not really worth spending the money on a shop manual. .

Boy, I couldn't disagree with this more.

Factory manuals are FAR superior to Haynes or Chilton. They are 5 times the size, and they didn't fill that extra space with blank pages.

BTW, Haynes owns Chilton. Bought em a couple of years ago.