89 Vert frame pin...

MustangGT01

Founding Member
Mar 16, 2001
Unemployment, Ohio
I have a small problem. I have a pin that sheared off and popped out in my vert frame just above the drivers side that holds the spring onto the frame. Anyone know where I might get a replacement or what I could use as a replacement?

Pin02.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I also used a nut and a bolt. Make sure the head of the bolt will fit flush and clear the frame when you raise/lower the top. Consider using a lockwasher or something similar to keep the nut from backing out.

I may try a nut and bolt if I can't find anything in salvage. I seem to remember a salvage yard around here that had one that was totaled due to fire. I found I need a few small screw and one large screw also for the frame. I gotta act fast too because I'm getting the car in this week to repair the top and front end damage from my earlier accident.

Wow, gettin pages to load in this new setup takes forever. Anyway back to business. I got Ford to print me out an exploded view of the vert frame with part numbers. There are several obsolete parts dealers that can get the pin but I don't have any prices as of yet. I'll look around tomarrow and see what's out there and update everyone. Till then here is a page of what I got from Ford...

VertFrame.jpg

Ford found my parts today hiding somewhere in Michagan... I guess all that snow up there is good for something. It kept the one part I needed that was obsolete from moving out.

:D Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys. BTW I talked to the body guy today doing our repair work and we are going to get glass instead of the funky plastic in our rear curtain. Down south plastic was okay but scraping snow off of it is down right scary!

:O