9 days old, and less than 500 miles, already been wrecked

66 BLAKE 96

Native Texican
Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
Cowtown
It could surely be worse, (it's about $1,500 in damage) but some dumb woman decided she was going to change lanes whether there was a pretty new 05 Mustang in the way or not. :bang: :( :fuss:

The good news:
• I'm not posting this from jail waiting to see the judge on murder charges.
• Everything is text book "oopsie" with her admitting fault, and she is insured.

The details:
• Mirror was ripped off of the side, as that's what she hit first, and what dragged down the side of her doors and quarter panel.
• Driver's fender is bashed and creased in three places, and worst of all pushed in so that the gap between the fender and hood is all messed up.
• Driver's 1/4 panel has a nice dent in the wheel lip.
• Front wheel on that side is scraped up pretty good and the balance weight was ripped off.
• I'm disappointed, full of murderous rage, and at least a little bit sad.

:owned:

• Sponsors (?)

That truely sucks. I bought a new Truck in February and have been conviced all the other cars on the road are out to run into me. So far I have been lucky. In February my choice was between my truck and an 05 GT Mustang. Being as it was that I needed a DD, all the snow we get here in Cleveland, and the fact that I was replacing a truck, I went with the truck. EVerytime I see a new 05 Gt Mustang I feel a little jealous ;)

1320stang said:
I doubt it's possible, but I'd be trying to get a new GT out of this deal.

You're right about one part: That ain't possible.

I'm doing my best to make lemonade out of these lemons though. I just ordered this new front bumper cover for it. I think it looks better than the stock one. Kind of a blend of the concept car and 67-68 Shelby:

View attachment 512051

At least she had insurance. Whenever I get into accidents, it's me sitting stationary in a turn lane and an F-150 driven by a no insurance redneck at 50 mph hitting my door squarely or it's someone hitting my car in a parking lot when I'm not there. Some how, it always ends up coming from me and/or my insurance company.

Thanks for the kind words and the sympathy guys. I needed that. :nice:

1320stang said:
I didn't see where the front facade was messed up.

Actually, it's not. I just figured, while it's being taken partially apart and in for paint, it'd be worth throwing an extra few hundred bucks at it to get something out of this mess.

66StangFastback said:
Did it happen to be a soccer mom driving a big SUV talking on her cell phone? That has wreck written all over it...lol

She was driving a Tahoe, but I don't know if she was on her cell phone. All I could see at the time was her door handle. :(

chepsk8 said:
Repair, rebuild, make it bionic!

LOL, "we have the technology..." :D

Thanks a lot guys. I'm starting to finally get over it I think. Those first couple of days were rough though. It was like, I knew it wasn't the end of the world, still healthy and all that, but the irony and injustice of it all just made me feel sick. :owned:

Goin' out to the breast tavern with the boys tonight, and I'm not the designated driver. That'll help for sure. :cheers: