90 7-up Owner - New To The Site

Rick T

Jun 10, 2015
Hello all, Name's Rick,

I Picked up a 90 7-Up Conv with a 3.27 Axle Upgrade and Auto Tranny back in April , Just got around to joining the site. Her Name's Mariah, she's been across Canada , Started life with the previous owner in BC and made its way to NB where I picked her up a couple months ago. Shes had some dings and bumps but is otherwise in great shape. I picked her up on a whim with no plans to buy a 5L Mustang but have always wanted the 87-93 LX Style since I was a youngin, and when this popped up during my search for something else i couldnt say no. She sat in a garage in the country (heated and locked) for the past few years and before i bought it the owner last registered it in Ontario long enough for her to drive it to NB to park it at their New (At the time) House. Fast foward to April of this year and the owner put an ad up as she no longer could stand her pride and joy sitting in a garage under a cover. She was moved in and out of the garage a couple times a year and run to ensure it didnt get seized up or anything and the owner still washed and waxed the car even while it wasn't used. The previous owner was a little heart broken over selling her but is quite happy that she will be enjoyed. From what I can tell minus the paint in areas and the top she is stock in appearance. Currently she has 190000KM on her and is one of 2 toy's I curently have. My other toy which is being restored and repainted is a 1991 V6 Firebird with 129K on it. Both have never seen winters. She needs a few things like the Cruise Control Repaired, Top Adjusted/Doors adjusted and down the road some paint and leather seat cover replacement (Not Urgent) but other than that she is pretty solid and drives comfortably on the highway and around town. She gets alot of looks as theres none like it in my area and according to the registry none in my Province (might be wrong tho if they arent in the registry) and alot of questions when parked.

I'll try to attach a photo of her as she currently sits with a good clay bar and wax/buff job I did and hopefully as time permits take a good look around the forums and read. She'll be alot of fun i'm sure and i plan to replace all the worn out things inside and out once I finish the firebird to make her perfect as well. But that will probably not be until next year.

IMG_0116.JPG

• Sponsors (?)