90 GT T-5 donor car.

• Sponsors (?)

You need to have the bell houseing and a longer drive shaft or a 5/8" spacer on the drive shaft. The 95 tranny main shaft is 5/8" longer than Fox T-5's. You may need the throwout bearing and clutch fork, they may be slightly different with the 93 an older bell housing, Someone else on here might know..
I have one in my 95 until my other one is rebuilt with the 95 housing and you get a slight vibration when you drive it, I dont reccomend it!

Thanks FORCED. I'll keep that in mind. Would it be smart for me to get all the parts and install it for now and then swap out to a 95 T-5 later? :shrug: I was supposed to get the whole swap from a friend of mine who's selling his car. But he wants to wait and be absolutely sure he's going to sell it. It sucks cause I cancelled a purchase because of him.:mad:

Anyone else have a hard time with this?

i was thiunking about the same one... did i recommend that kit to you a while ago synned?... the only thing thats making me a little weary is that i want to buy a rebuilt transmission instead of the used one, do you guys know where you can buy a mail-order rebuild for a good price??.. maybe it would be worth it for me to do,.... as well as 95vert...

droptopford 5 0 said:
i was thiunking about the same one... did i recommend that kit to you a while ago synned?... the only thing thats making me a little weary is that i want to buy a rebuilt transmission instead of the used one, do you guys know where you can buy a mail-order rebuild for a good price??.. maybe it would be worth it for me to do,.... as well as 95vert...

Yeah, that was me. :) I am seriously about to get it, gotta wait till I get my car back. And yeah, I wonder how much he takes off the price if you drop the trans from that list?

95 vert, I didnt see that yout trying to go from AOD to T-5 I thought You were trying to use a 90 T-5 with a 95 T-5 bell housing. If you have the complete donor of the 90, everything will bolt up to your setup. Except, the computer, I would try to find a 95 5spd computer, and then the litle wiring harness to go with it, I think all the hard parts from the 90 will work, clutch cable, pedal assembly,bell housing,trans, OHhh the cross member may be diffferent also, have to check,....I would think it would be the same but i have never compared the two. You will still need a 5/8 spacer for your drive shaft. If it were me i would try to find a 94 / 95 donor car or some one parting out.

I've tried bro, but can't find one. I mean, this guys is practically giving it to me. I did have a 94 donor car but the bastard backed out(for now). Can I use the d/s from the 90 or is the u-joint different? Where can I get that spacer and where does it go? So I don't need to buy a 94-95 bellhousing?

if you use the 90 model bellhousing, clutch fork, and the 90 model tranny you will need a driveshaft spacer, and you will be able to use the fox DS as well.

FORCED2DV8... You are wrong in the sense that the mainshaft is not longer the Imput shaft is 5/8ths longer, that is why the 94-95 bellhousing is deeper than the fox one. Ford did this so that the trans would be centered in the tranny tunnel, and for proper shifter placement.

I ran a 91 tranny for a while. I used my sn95 bell, and just swapped input shafts though? :shrug:

I would be leary of that kit, i have never seen an 94-95 5 liter with a t-45 that trans was made for the mod motors, so if it isn't a typo it would have to have a block adapter etc. to make it work... just more parts... Keep it simple

jason

mytight95 said:
if you use the 90 model bellhousing, clutch fork, and the 90 model tranny you will need a driveshaft spacer, and you will be able to use the fox DS as well.

FORCED2DV8... You are wrong in the sense that the mainshaft is not longer the Imput shaft is 5/8ths longer, that is why the 94-95 bellhousing is deeper than the fox one. Ford did this so that the trans would be centered in the tranny tunnel, and for proper shifter placement.

I ran a 91 tranny for a while. I used my sn95 bell, and just swapped input shafts though? :shrug:

I would be leary of that kit, i have never seen an 94-95 5 liter with a t-45 that trans was made for the mod motors, so if it isn't a typo it would have to have a block adapter etc. to make it work... just more parts... Keep it simple

jason
It IS a typo...I asked about the t-45 thing and he said that its a t-5 right out of a wreck... he gaurentees everything to be in good condition... etc. but i honestly wouldnt want the transmission out of a junk either way, i'd rather start fresh

ya, maybe, and i would piece one together otherwise, but i am just worried that there will be some little circlip or nut or bolt i wont have when my car is sitting three feet in the air with no transmission... so atleast it is a COMPLETE kit...plus it does have aftermarket clutch cable w/ firewall adjuster and aftermarket quadrant plus a new king cobra clutch kit... so as far as im concerned, it is so far the cheapest used kit i have found...

95Vert said:
Thanks a lot Jason. So no matter if I use the 90 d/s, I still need that spacer right? Where does it go? This will be my first tranny swap ever. Ok, so after I go to a 95 t5, I would have to swap just the d/s and tranny itself right?

the spacer bolts to the rear pinion flange? or whatever, and the driveshaft bolts to it instead of where the spacer bolts.... if that makes sense

If you run a 90 model setup w/ the spacer you wouldn't be able to swap in a 95 t-5 down the road, unless you swapped bells and clutch fork again. However if you use the 95 style bell, clutch fork, and the 90 tranny with an sn95 imput shaft, you won't need the spacer, and if you went to an sn95 tranny later you would only have to swap the tranny.

jason

i bought my complete kit from ampperformance.com. it was $1300 and change for the entire swap with a rebuilt t5. it came with everything (eec. harness, all bolts and washers, all parts). i have seen some negative things about the company, but my overall experience was good. my only complaint was that they accidentaly sent me a flywheel from a 4.6 and it took them a while to make good on sending me the 5.0 flywheel.

as far as using the fox t5 in your sn95, you will need to use the fox bellhousing to seat the tip of the input shaft into the pilot bearing correctly. you will also need to use the driveshaft spacer to put the driveshaft the correct distance into the tailshaft of the tranny. i am not sure about the clutch fork, but i would imagine that would have to be sourced from the fox as well. the throwout bearing is the same. if you are thinking about switching to the sn95 tranny parts later i would just wait for those parts to become available to you, but if you are planning on staying with the fox stuff and you can pick it up cheap, go for it. as far as the eec goes, you would be able to use your stock aode computer if you can deal with the periodic bogging and hesitation caused by the computer pulling timing when trying to shift the aode, you can leave the eec alone. if you go for a t4m0, everything will plug in and work perfect. if you decide on the a9l from the fox, you will need a Pro-M PIH adapter or similar conversion to adapt the a9l to the sn95 wiring. hope this helps.

Green 94 5.0 said:
i bought my complete kit from ampperformance.com. it was $1300 and change for the entire swap with a rebuilt t5. it came with everything (eec. harness, all bolts and washers, all parts). i have seen some negative things about the company, but my overall experience was good. my only complaint was that they accidentaly sent me a flywheel from a 4.6 and it took them a while to make good on sending me the 5.0 flywheel.
i think the amp kit is around 1800 for rebuilt t-5 without a clutch kit now from www.bieberfever.com...so i really dont think the used kit w/ new KC clutch kit and cable, quad etc for 1100-1200 is really that bad... even the amp used kit w/out a clutch is about 1300 now...